New Toyo R/T Tire Coming September

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weigh one before you mount it and report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do. Weight is my biggest concern with this tire. Hopefully it weighs in more like the A/T and not the M/T

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the tread design however it could use more siping for winter and ice. If it's lighter then the mt, it'll be my next tire

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's going to be very tough to beat the MT in both performance and appearance, I have been extremely happy with the tire. The new RT seems to be a bit less in width.

Can't complain about having more choices.

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be very tough to beat the MT in both performance and appearance, I have been extremely happy with the tire. The new RT seems to be a bit less in width.

Can't complain about having more choices.

Performance: depends on what you use your truck for...
Appearance: I'd have to agree with you. The Toyo M/T is one of the best looking tires IMO. I just can't get past the 80+ lbs per tire to justify the purchase.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Performance: depends on what you use your truck for...
Appearance: I'd have to agree with you. The Toyo M/T is one of the best looking tires IMO. I just can't get past the 80+ lbs per tire to justify the purchase.

Yes they're heavy, but after a few performance mods, the tire weight lessens quite a bit...lol.

MotoDuc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost waited for these to come out because I've had such good luck with Toyo's on my last truck, but I went with General Red Labels. Mostly because they are tried, tested, and proven. I know the Generals are heavy, so I'm very interested in the weight of the R/T Toyo's.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The width in the photos may not be comparing the same size tire.

I had general they wandered all over the road, and in snow they were death traps. After seeing the toyos get beat on at several events I decided to ditch the general and go with the mt's. No complaints at all just heavy