New Toyo R/T Tire Coming September

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Crampton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take a go at these. We switched before the Mint 400 this year to Toyo's on our Trophy Truck. Vast improvement on forward bite and braking as well as the straight line tracking. We were on the BFG standard Project tread. We did not test the KR2's. The narrower tire of the Toyo seems to sit better in the groove and not want to "float" out.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting... Anyone find any ply info elsewhere?

The reason I love my toyos so much are the fact that I can confidently drive thru a field of razors and lava 10hrs from home and not have tires be my primary worry ;) If these were sporting 10ply tread/3ply sidewalls this could be a nice give n take over the MT

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Twin turbo raptor equals fast and fun times

I don't disagree on the fun and fast but speed ratings are based on running the noted speed for 50 minute intervals at 3 different psi's. So if you go above the 105mph mark you tire does not automatically blow up. And unless you have an extra fuel tank I don't think a twin turbo raptor will have enough fuel to do 50min of a constant 120mph. I wouldn't worry about the speed rating. Most of the high horsepower diesels don't run appropriate speed rated tires

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, Toyo said these will be available nation wide as of Tuesday. I have a set on order in the 35x12.50x17.