NEW Toyo MT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TOYO finally made a 35 x 13.5 tire for us guys who like 20" wheels. they also went to 12 ply over the old 10 ply and rumor is they balance way way way better now. that was just what my tire guy said I have no clue as I dont pick my truck up until Monday or Tuesday .
I had minor rubbing at full lock going backwards or while hitting brakes hopefully the 13.5 didn't make it worse. that I won't know either until Monday or Tuesday.
anyways just a heads up if thats your thing?

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TOYO finally made a 35 x 13.5 tire for us guys who like 20" wheels. they also went to 12 ply over the old 10 ply and rumor is they balance way way way better now. that was just what my tire guy said I have no clue as I dont pick my truck up until Monday or Tuesday .
I had minor rubbing at full lock going backwards or while hitting brakes hopefully the 13.5 didn't make it worse. that I won't know either until Monday or Tuesday.
anyways just a heads up if thats your thing?

What mods did you do to accommodate that tire size. I'm looking at the exact same setup.

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What mods did you do to accommodate that tire size. I'm looking at the exact same setup.
just the mid shock position. but I have the old body style (2014) no idea for new style?
I cut back some plastic and banged the edge of the inner fender well. it still rubs if I am at full lock and hit the brakes or full lock and backwards. other then that it fits perfect with 12.5s no idea what the 13.5s are gonna do.

just weird info also the old 12.5 and 10 ply weights 79lbs and the new 13.5 and 12 ply weights 78lbs very weird and I also had no idea they weighted that much

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just the mid shock position. but I have the old body style (2014) no idea for new style?
I cut back some plastic and banged the edge of the inner fender well. it still rubs if I am at full lock and hit the brakes or full lock and backwards. other then that it fits perfect with 12.5s no idea what the 13.5s are gonna do.

just weird info also the old 12.5 and 10 ply weights 79lbs and the new 13.5 and 12 ply weights 78lbs very weird and I also had no idea they weighted that much

2013 Gen 1 here. I have to do the fender cutting before I get the next tires, maybe 5k more miles. My current wheels give me 1 3/4 inch clearance of UCA and I have absolutely zero rubbing with Toyo A/T 35 12.50.

Also mid perch but it did not rub before I did that mod.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Feel like the 13.5's would make the rubbing worse, no?
Thought there was an issue with the 37's and 13.5's with rubbing iirc.

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feel like the 13.5's would make the rubbing worse, no?
Thought there was an issue with the 37's and 13.5's with rubbing iirc.
I have no idea ? I just went with them to find out for myself. on paper they are 1" wider but installer didn't agree with that in real life. I have yet to see it. I did tell him if it rubbed take them off. he hasn't said anything. but not like he can drive it either.

I broke a few things in the suspension so still waiting on parts to get here so I won't know for sure until then.

I will post my finding soon as I know though.

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update? I'm curious if that size will cause any rubbing issue.

yea I went by today to see if it was done yet. it was not lol the parts just showed up and he was actually just taking apart.
anyways the tires were mounted and they were easily 3/4 wider with a quick measuring tape I didn't get exact as it was clear they were a lot wider. I liked the look a lot better though. I can't see them fitting at all but my tire guys said just wait when truck is done turn the wheels if it hits call and he will come pull them off and get me 12.5s
long as I dont drive he will take them back.

ill know for sure Friday(hoping) but I'm pretty sure no way.
disappointing for sure it looked way better to me.

CW4Umark

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wrote this little blurb regarding the issues you are addressing regarding load rating.

It is actually the least understood issue going to almost any plus size in 4x4 tires. We are familiar with how exacting most Raptor owners are... measuring 1/4" difference in fender well gap front to rear, but going from a 6 ply to a 12 ply tire is no problem?????
How do you suppose a Jeep Wrangler rides on 12 ply 35"s?

https://www.customwheels4u.com/news/26/fyi-rough-ride-for-everyone/