New Tires PSI/TPS Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about picking up new tire and its the usual Toyo Open Country vs Nitto Grapplers but also considering the GoodYear Kevlars.

Question on the Kevlars and TPS/Dash Light. Can you run the Goodyears at 44psi? Everything I've read says 35psi max and with that I'd have to deal with the dash light among other things.

Not sure if the dash TPS light would go off or not. Anyone running the goodyears and having similar issues?

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about picking up new tire and its the usual Toyo Open Country vs Nitto Grapplers but also considering the GoodYear Kevlars.

Question on the Kevlars and TPS/Dash Light. Can you run the Goodyears at 44psi? Everything I've read says 35psi max and with that I'd have to deal with the dash light among other things.

Not sure if the dash TPS light would go off or not. Anyone running the goodyears and having similar issues?

It goes off around 37-38psi I think. You can have someone with a scan tool change it to psi you want it to come on at or if you have a tuner like the SCT you can set your own PSI in which you'd like it to come on as well. Another member did this with the old Baja TA DOT 35's. They had a max PSI of 35 as well

OP
OP
Pynenut

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll probably just go with the trail grapplers. Don't want to deal with the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good choice. The trail grapplers I had I abused and they kept tracking straight. (This was on a Jeep) the MTR/k I had to make I kept balanced every 3000 and ran the pressure at 27. I think you will be a lot happier with the Nittos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk