New Tires..Best Fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sinraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking at getting new tires for my Raptor. I have a Mid Perch and looking to get Toyo Open Country or Nitto Trail Grappler and want to put the tallest tire on without any rubbing or having to cut or pinch any fender well. Either looking at staying 17 inch or go up to 20 inch so not sure if that will change any difference how much tire can i run. Should I stay at 35 inches or go to 37 inches? I know its been talked about alot just not to tire smart on my end when it comes to size. Anyone running these two tires? and what size are you guys running? Thanks in advance

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what ever tire you get make sure its not wider than 12.5, the toyos are up to 14.25wide..... even with glass fenders and 3.0shocks they will still rub.

OP
OP
S

Sinraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks jlatigo, yea i wasnt planning on going bigger than 12.5 just not sure if i can go 37 or just stay 35 inches. how much difference can you really see on how tall the two are?

Snowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how this applies to Raptors, but moving up to 37s usually ends up in additional stress/increased possible failure of stock parts ...and, Toyos/Nittos, though awesome tires, are shit-ton (yes, this is an accepted unit of measure in the south) heavy.

I always tended toward Goodyear Kevlar for 37s. They can be a BITCH to balance, but they're significantly lighter.

OP
OP
S

Sinraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did find some wheels: one are 20 inches with 0 offset and 4.98" backspacing. Those I know will work since it has 0 offset and close to 5" backspacing. Others I know won't work they have -44 offset and 5" backspacing so those are out of question. They will come on 35x12.5x20 so those should work right?? I'm gonna stick with 35" and find wheels with 0 offset and close to 5 inch backspacing

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep an eye With 0 offset, your stance will be a little wider since stock wheels have a + number can't remember exactly what number it is. There is a thread in here which has the Specs of Stock wheels and also contains a website where you can input the specs of stock wheels and the aftermarket you are planning on purchasing. It will then compute info and give you the results on the different clearances that you will have with the aftermarket wheels

2011OxfordSVT

Reaction score
what ever tire you get make sure its not wider than 12.5, the toyos are up to 14.25wide..... even with glass fenders and 3.0shocks they will still rub.

I'm on mid-perch, running 35" Toyo Open Country M/Ts. 17" Fuel Octanes with +14 offset, no rubbing or trimming. Toyos measure 13.2", the closer you get to 0 offset the better your chances are of rubbing. Try staying with +12 to +25 offset if you can.