Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]

New Tire Search for 17 Raptor Help

This is a discussion on New Tire Search for 17 Raptor Help within the Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
I know this is the Gen I Forum but the Jennifer Forum does not even have a dedicated Wheel/Tire Forum ...

User Tag List

Sponsored By: Texas Motorworx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default New Tire Search for 17 Raptor Help
I know this is the Gen I Forum but the Jennifer Forum does not even have a dedicated Wheel/Tire Forum so hoping for some help here.

I have a 14 Raptor, and when my OEM KOs wore out I went with KO2s on my 17s...and for my 20" Black Rhino Everest Wheels I did Cooper ST Maxx tires...and while I loved them to begin with...after only 2 1/2 seasons (Since the BFGs/17s go back on from about November through April) they are impossible to drive in the rain without spinning all over the place as they wore down fast IMHO...and I have researched that they start off w/less tread depth.

My 17 Raptor...I love the BFG KO2s on the 17s, but just pulled the trigger on the Venom 20" wheels for Spring/Summer/Fall...

To be honest, and I know it will incite some...My perfect tire would be like a Toyo Proxe ST...why...b/c I have the 14 Raptor for Off Road, etc...and the 17 is a Daily Driver that I just tuned up, have an Intercooler and BOV coming, etc...so Straight Line, Cornering, and Braking are MOST important along with lack of road noise and longevity being close 2nds.

BUT...I know I would probably throw up in my mouth every time even I saw those side walls on my Truck...so....

Looking for something in a 20...that ideally would be a D rated tires so NOT so stupid stiff...never mind F rates like some of these tires (Nitto Ridge Grappler), but I also know I can run 40-44 PSI and they will ride much better than the Max PSI for say towing, etc....

Looking at Cooper, Toyo, Nitto, etc...going blind and losing my mind...so need some input from others. Would like something better than the KO2s for handling in the dry/wet/corners at the very least....

Throw your knowledge at me, thanks.

bosssho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

I am done with BFG ....went with Nitto Ridge Grappler no complaints. Seem to handle great in the rain and look awesome and super silent super easy to balance

Old 05-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Absolutely Love my Ridge grapplers!! Super quiet and have worked well in all weather for me..
ICLOSEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Thank you both, please keep info coming
bosssho is offline   Reply With Quote