New Tire Options for Stock Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, Momma won’t authorize new wheels to go with the new tires. And with duck/goose/deer season(s) fast approaching I need something better than the stock BFG’s to get me into and (more importantly) OUT of muddy/snowy fields and trails.

What mud tires can I get to fit on the stock rims? Brand and size?

I’m currently at the stock Perch Position but am looking into getting it raised up to the Mid Perch if that matters at all for fit.

On my previous F150 I ran the 35x12.5r18 Toyo Open Country MT’s and they were awesome in the muddy goose fields. But I don’t think a 12.5” wide tire will fit on the stock 8.5” wheel. And I’m a little concerned that the Toyo MT 285/75r17 (34x11.5r17) won’t look quite as nice in the wheel well as a true 35” tire does. Unless of course the stock BFG’s are in fact a 34”.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Unfortunately, Momma won’t authorize new wheels to go with the new tires. And with duck/goose/deer season(s) fast approaching I need something better than the stock BFG’s to get me into and (more importantly) OUT of muddy/snowy fields and trails.

I’m currently at the stock Perch Position but am looking into getting it raised up to the Mid Perch if that matters at all for fit.

On my previous F150 I ran the 35x12.5r18 Toyo Open Country MT’s and they were awesome in the muddy goose fields. But I don’t think a 12.5” wide tire will fit on the stock 8.5” wheel. And I’m a little concerned that the Toyo MT 285/75r17 (34x11.5r17) won’t look quite as nice in the wheel well as a true 35” tire does. Unless of course the stock BFG’s are in fact a 34”.

You shouldn't have an issue with the 12.5, the stock bfg is pretty close to that.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
stock BFGs are 12.5" width tires, toyos will fit

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

pretty sure the stock wheels will work up to 13.5" width tires, but the manufacturer should tell you what the minimum wheel width would be for their tires

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

here you go

35X12.50R17LT 125Q E BSW 360310 8.5-10.0-11.0 83 21.0 34.8 13.2 3640 / - 65 / - N/A 596 3P+2S+2N 3P

approved wheel width range for toyo open country M/Ts in red

OP
OP
carlschmarl2

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said above, I loved the Toyos in the mud and on road mannors, but they were some heavy sum *******...how bad do they effect the gas mileage?

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt you will notice any mileage difference really.

And no issues running that tire on stock wheels. Heck, I'm gonna run 12.50's on my 8" wide wheels.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you post a signed and notarized pre approval letter from " momma" authorizing you to buy tires I will give you advice! Please see the "manage attachment" section for a list of acceptable image formats!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 89

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of guys run te toyos in a 35x12.5 on stock wheels and mid perch it adds a mean aggressive look to te truck and they are a great tire. You will have no problem running them. The weight isn't an issue for the 6.2's so no worries there!