New shoes for the whip!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had been wanting to buy new tires for my truck for a while now, just hadn't decided on which ones to replace the factory BFG's. I was looking for a few criteria to be met;

- All terrain
- Around the same weight as factory
- Not smaller than factory BFG's
- Relatively quiet on the highway (placed mud terrains out of the picture)

In the end, I was torn between the Goodyear Kevlar MT/R in 315/70/17 or the Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx. I ended up going with the latter due to reviews I had read about the MTR's getting loud with a few miles. That and the additional $200 for a set of four were the determining factors. I ended up getting a set of the Coopers for $1376 mounted and balanced from my local discount tire. Had them installed since yesterday afternoon, but I noticed no additional noise while on the highway and don't seem any heavier than the BFG's. I had contaced Cooper on the specs of the tires and they reported each tire weighing in at 67lbs. I measured my BFG's with 13k miles on them at 33" from ground to top of tread and the Coopers are about 33.5". Haven't had a chance to take her off road to comment on that, but I'm sure they won't disappoint. Here are a couple of pics. And no, haven't bought aftermarket wheels. Don't intend to until the right ones come out for me. Besides, I like the factory wheels... Hope these puppies last me a while! I'll report back after I've had them off road.

8CD6705A-1461-4BBE-877B-98C808F9B298.jpg

03838BF4-273B-4D0B-8C27-58713BF72A14.jpg

35E0553F-AE73-4B3F-B444-2A9B143145D2.jpg