New BFG T/A KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlpineM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great video and yes, they look much improved, but still the money question - When can we have them?!?!? Looked at the new Toyo R/T and just not into it. Love the stock tires, just need something tougher for added security and better grip

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Waiting to see how these do in the mud. I'm glad they took care of the other issues I have with the stock tires (non-aggressive sidewalls, throwing stones), but curious how they do in the mud. My stock tires caked up at Raptoberfest and I was slipping and sliding all over the place.

Currently between these, Cooper ST Maxx, and Toyo RT.

Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the parts department of my local dealer in Stamford CT. They called BFGoodrich, and were told that the 35/12.5r17 would NOT be available for the first release (which is scheduled for early November 2014).

This came as some surprise to me, considering that this size is shown as being available for pre-order per the BFG website.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how they would do in the wet? The last version of this tires is just horrible in the rain. I am running Dura-tracs now and they are so much better in the rain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how they would do in wet? The last version of this tires is just horrible in the rain. I am running Dura-tracs now and they are so much better in the rain.

I am also curious about wet traction. The OEM ats on the raptor are damn near dangerous in wet conditions sometimes

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the parts department of my local dealer in Stamford CT. They called BFGoodrich, and were told that the 35/12.5r17 would NOT be available for the first release (which is scheduled for early November 2014).

This came as some surprise to me, considering that this size is shown as being available for pre-order per the BFG website.

I was looking for more info on this and found Same terrain, new KO2 tire - News - Modern Tire Dealer which says phase 1 includes 12 sizes ... and then lists 14 sizes. As your dealer said, the 35/12.50R17 is unfortunately not listed. Just as I was getting sold on the idea of these, looks like they won't be available for winter.

Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking for more info on this and found Same terrain, new KO2 tire - News - Modern Tire Dealer which says phase 1 includes 12 sizes ... and then lists 14 sizes. As your dealer said, the 35/12.50R17 is unfortunately not listed. Just as I was getting sold on the idea of these, looks like they won't be available for winter.

Confirmed on the non-availability for Phase 1. I spoke to a larger Ford dealership in Bridgeport CT. The parts manager had just inquired about this for another customer (I think Bearclaw) and he told me that the 35/12.5r17 would not be part of the phase 1 release. He went on to say that he spoke with his regular business contact at BFG, and since this Ford Dealership is considered high volume, his regular contact is a senior person there.

Too bad, I really need tires now. I will use the search function to see what my alternatives are. I need new tires, but could have waited two months. Since one of my main needs is winter traction, I am thinking Goodyear duratrac's. Don't want more road noise than the stock BFG KO's, but at risk of derailing this thread, I will research and comment on other existing threads.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like at least some sizes are available now. Spotted these on a **** minutes ago at the gym. Without getting out of my truck they don't really look like a different tread pattern other than the sidewall/ outer block. Sidewall looks much much better which is actually what caught my eye. Nice looking tire, you know its a bfg but with a modern look. I would buy these for my next set but I have 2 sets currently. If our on the fence go have a look at them. Very nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 188