New BFG T/A KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sent BFG an email asking if the snowflake symbol is on all sizes, will update when I get a response.

They are not....it's funny, the OEM 315/70/17 size is not Winter rated (snowflake/mountain symbol) but 37/12.5/17s do have it (at least my set does). That's why I run them in Winter....no issues.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are not....it's funny, the OEM 315/70/17 size is not Winter rated (snowflake/mountain symbol) but 37/12.5/17s do have it (at least my set does). That's why I run them in Winter....no issues.

Do you know something about the new KO2's... They do not have an OEM raptor tire. I think you are talking about the previous gen, we are discussing the new KO2.

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I heard back quickly. Good news about the KO2 for folks in snowy places.

In regards to the email you sent stating:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I was disappointed to find out the All-Terrain T/A KO stock tires on my Raptor don't have the snowflake symbol since I had previously owned the tires in another size that did and assumed they would be the same. I see the new All-Terrain T/A KO2 tire information lists the snowflake symbol as a core feature, does this mean it is on all sizes of the tire? I see there is a 35x12.50R17 tire listed but no 315/70R17 tire, was that size dropped? The only other complaint I have about my current tires is how much gravel gets stuck in them only to fling out at highway speeds looking to ding my truck or crack someone's windshield. Will any of the improvements in the new tire reduce this?

Thank you

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt, the information we have indicates all the sizes of the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 will have the snowflake emblem designating severe weather rated.
Also, size LT315/70r17 is not going to be available in the KO2, at least for the initial lauch. I don't know about the future. I really do not have any information on where the KO2 will get gravel stuck in the tread. This is something that can happen to any tire depending on the gravel size itself.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing BFGoodrich.

It is our goal to ensure that your issue has been resolved or your question answered to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond to this email or call us at 1-877-788-8899 (toll free) between 8:00AM and 8:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday or between 8:30AM and 4:30PM Eastern Time on Saturday.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

I went back and read the rest of the information on the tire page and found this:

Stone Ejectors: Rejects stone retention & provides extra tread cleanout protection against stone drilling.

You can see some triangle gizmos in the tread gaps similar to what is pointed out on the Exo Grappler page.

So, I'd decided on Duratracs and then the Exo Grappler and now I'm thinking maybe I just order a set of these KO2s.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll definitely be going to the new KO2s seeing as my one and only problem with the all-terrains has been addressed and then some

Ven0r

Reaction score
Was talking to my local dealer on these new ko2's and according to BFG Canada the tires will be released in November, but 37 x 12.5 x 17 wont be available until March 2015? Anyone else hear this or maybe it's just BFGoodrich Canada?

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All sizes will not be available at launch, BFG will be releasing them over the course of the next year, all sizes should be available by November of next year

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check out the link. it has all the info u need on the new tires even retail price. they look to run a little small still and they gained a few pounds(still light) but they made lots of improvements. be sure to watch the video. it looks like they improved the side walls and tread chunking which we all know was needed. the tire looks good and looks like it should perform great. lots of nice new tech in them

All-Terrain T/A KO2 | BFGoodrich Tires

Pretty neat vid. The side wall test looks treacherous!

I also like that it stated that they are designed for aired down driving.

So did I read that right, they are not offering a size that will fit a stock raptor with stock wheels?

Will 37" fit with no trimming? lol....:ROFLJest:

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 35x12.5r17 is the exact same size as the stock raptor tires, which is why they don't have the 315/70r17 anymore