New BFG T/A KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This what you are looking for?

I have a few sets of the OE Beadlocks with GY Duratrac's and the GY tires have a slightly better depression that acts like a rim guard protector. Despite that nice feature on the GY tires I will be buying the KO2 next. The Duratarc is a very good tire but the KO2 is better all around.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Thanks! yep mine look the same... wondering now why the KOs I had looked more flush to the beauty ring than these?

Are you talking about the "rim protectors" (or whatever they called it) on the original KO's like in the picture below?

BFG dropped the "rim protector" edge on the KO2.

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 132

S197Mach1

Reaction score
Are you talking about the "rim protectors" (or whatever they called it) on the original KO's like in the picture below?

BFG dropped the "rim protector" edge on the KO2.

I'm not sure about what edge, but I think we are talking about the same thing. Basically you can't see down in the valley between the rim and the tire on the ko but you can on the ko2 just threw me off is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic of the factory beadlock with beauty ring and factory size ko2s? I'm concerned about my mounting as I can see the outer bead now and the tire side wall doesn't touch the ring or come as close as it did before and the ride seems really off with these new tires compared to the factory ko's. Completely possible the old tires were mounted incorrectly however I just did an 800 mile road trip on them yesterday and the ride is "wiggly" and not smooth like the ko's where. Thought maybe they needed to be worn in but idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here you go! Factory beadlocks, stock size KO2s

Edit: ahh should have read on further :p

Attachments

• IMG_5531-1.jpg
    IMG_5531-1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_5530.jpg
    IMG_5530.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

JnJraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone having chunking issues with these? I liked thE performance of the ko and on road manners but the tread went downhill as soon as it hit the dirt. I don't want to buy into these to have the same problem.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered from 4WP a set of four in the 315/70R17 flavor. I'm keeping my stock KO as a spare since it's never touched the ground. My stock tires have about 36k miles on them, and although they still have a couple thousand more miles left in them, they are getting loud and vibrating a lot. I also had to plug one of them on the trail a few weeks ago, so I'm getting new shoes.

I'm hoping they're good. I've been using the KOs on all my trucks and Jeeps for 20+ years and have been very happy with them.

Paid $1300 out-the-door with sales tax, mounting & balancing, tire disposal fee and front-end alignment ($1097 just tires). Not bad.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chunking of a tire can be related more to driving style. If you are one who likes to "drift" or is very aggressive on the throttle you can get chunking on almost any tire some more then others.

Other issues can be related to bad bushings at the upper and lower control arms. I have had good luck with my Goodyear Duratrcs (2 sets). My stk BFGs were ok, my next tire is the KO2 and I have heard great things about them for mostly mid west off & on road as for chunking I belive they are batter then the original KO