New BFG T/A KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The tread chunking is my biggest disappointment, by a wide margin, with the OEM tires. I am glad they are addressing it. I had crossed BFG off of my list of potential replacements, but I will be considering the KO2.

Kais, the 37 BFGs i put on, now have about 300 off road miles, from sand, dirt to rocky stuff, and i don't have any chunking, and as we have stated in the 37 BFG thread, the compound is harder. I highly recommend the 37s....oh, and I'm sure you do this already, but seems like a lot of guys don't, airing down to about 25 to 27 psi help extremely...kicks up less rocks and holds on to less rocks in the lugs.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Kais, the 37 BFGs i put on, now have about 300 off road miles, from sand, dirt to rocky stuff, and i don't have any chunking, and as we have stated in the 37 BFG thread, the compound is harder. I highly recommend the 37s....oh, and I'm sure you do this already, but seems like a lot of guys don't, airing down to about 25 to 27 psi help extremely...kicks up less rocks and holds on to less rocks in the lugs.
25-28 psi is what I usually use off-road. I know the compound has a lot do with it as the the vast majority of the chunking issues I have heard of are with the Raptor (S compund) rather than the R compound (all of the guys with 37s, also available on on non-Raptor 35's and now in the new design in some form).

That being said, the new tread pattern looks to have better lug design, which should also help.

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, good point. I assumed all sizes would have the same weather rating. Further research needed. The snowflake is one of the reasons that I went with Duratracs. I've destroyed 2 in 4 months, but GY honored their road hazard warranty.

I just sent BFG an email asking if the snowflake symbol is on all sizes, will update when I get a response.

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny- tire was tested on Raptor yet when you go to "does this tire fit my vehicle" it says no. I know it's because of the 315 vs 35, but it would have been cool if they would have atleast recommended it as an alternative.

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
Funny- tire was tested on Raptor yet when you go to "does this tire fit my vehicle" it says no. I know it's because of the 315 vs 35, but it would have been cool if they would have atleast recommended it as an alternative.

Thats because they were testing the raptor specific version of the KO2 which wont be released until the new raptor comes out.