More Plasti-Dip Shenanigans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I decided to plasti-dip the stainless nuts on my Method Split Six wheels. I removed them easily with a 15mm socket and hit them with 5 coats. I think the wheels look a lot better now without the shiny bolts on an otherwise entirely black truck.

a2abyvyt.jpg

e4ygupag.jpg

a8ybahub.jpg

yrydu8az.jpg

y6y9y7yz.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just happen to be up to my own shenanigans this weekend as well.

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

I've got some reflective red SVT decals coming that I'm going to place in the middle of the cap. Anyone have any ideas about what I can do to make sure they stay on ?

I was thinking maybe a clear coat on just the center portion of the cap. Thats what I'm going to try anyway.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
how did you get them back on without damaging the coat you just put on?

strong hands? but no really they we just snugged on there from the factory, i put them on finger tight. they should be fine. if not i can use those non-marring plastic plumbing pliers.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

i also took the leftover to spray the outline of a ***** on my brother-in-law's hood. the disbelief in his face was great until i peeled it off.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohhh... I am going to try that to a few folks on the pissing me off list.

That stuff is going to join the ranks of duct tape

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I need to do that...the spray paint job is showing its wear after a couple tire rotations

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Looking good. How are you liking the Terra Grapplers?

So far so good. Noticed some cracking between the treads last week through and want to have the tires checked out before any further comment.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2