Mixed Tire Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I grew up with awd cars and they always had to be flatbedded or MUST have all tires the same size.

My question for everyone is that if you buy 4 new true 35's or even 37's, why are you still running a stock spare? What happens if you put your stock spare on the rear, with the diff locked or up front and 4wd engaged? Isn't that "BAD" for the truck?

Thanks for allowing the noobness.

Chris

D

Deleted member 12951

From what I have seen here is that most change out the spare too when getting something drastically different.

OP
OP
The Macf

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I figured, which is why I would buy 5 new tires, but I've seen some people with different tires on 5/6 vs the rolling 4. Thanks for confirming.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can get creative with air pressures as well. More pressure in the shorter tire and less in the taller tire. Measure the loaded radius to get them close to equal. One of the 4x4 mags did a writeup about it not too long back.