Are Mickey Thompsons worth the money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I was looking on discount tire at the tire and saw that the mickey thompsons were pretty pricey at $400 a tire, are they worth paying for and if not what tire would you recommend for a 2011 6.2L.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking on discount tire at the tire and saw that the mickey thompsons were pretty pricey at $400 a tire, are they worth paying for and if not what tire would you recommend for a 2011 6.2L.

I think they are worth considering. I had some on one of my trucks and loved them. Looked good and the traction was there when I needed it.

The recommendations you'll get here are Toyo Open Country MT, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Wrangler Duratracs and of course BFGoodrich ko2s.

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
I think they are worth considering. I had some on one of my trucks and loved them. Looked good and the traction was there when I needed it.

The recommendations you'll get here are Toyo Open Country MT, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Wrangler Duratracs and of course BFGoodrich ko2s.

thanks

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 37" Mickey Thompson Deegan38s for a little over a year and a half. 1k to 1.5k off road miles on them and 20k on road miles. They are working great. I've put them to the test off road and no flats, damn things are taking the abuse. I got mine at 340ish per tire from 4wheelparts but Americas Tire is caring Mickey's now so it should be just as competitive. The tire is about 75lbs. 20lbs lighter than the toyo's and you can feel the difference on the gas pedal and the back.

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don't forget about the Cooper Discoverer STT Pros! They have yet to let me down. Only times I've used my winch is when I went fishing for Chevys.

7ebd32b4d3c3fbcd0d336d92ca0e0479.jpg