Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
17", 0 offset, 5" backspacing. Anyone run these?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that link!

Was it me, or during that whole thread not once was the tire size mentioned?

I like the way they look.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran these wheels on my FJ for about a year. In the box there is a note that the wheels are not clear coated and require "Maintenance" for best appearance. The note was very accurate, they dulled up quick. The paint was not durable, many showed up pretty beat up, and when I dismounted the tires, they all got pretty knarled up. Unless they changed something, I'd pass

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How long ago was that? Were they Sidebiters or Sidebiter II? The web site claims these are "new" and that "this wheel is built to be a heavy duty performer with an easy to clean satin finish..." Now we know that's marketing speak so I'm very much interested in real world experiences. Thanks!

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Z,

I know you've done your research about this purchase but it feels like your not completely happy with these wheels. The standard wheel for most Raptors is the Method obviously and the ones you want are not in stock but what led you to these wheels?

Looking at MT's website these are 17x9 and based on your tire set up with 37's you may be rubbing more than calculated. I have been through several different wheel set ups on my non-Raptor and finally happy with the Method NV's I have now.

The Eagle Alloy 012 listed above is the most recent set I ran, but I had the -5 offset but they do offer the +8 for Raptor/F-150's.

I went through Rimzone LLC in Mooresville NC for the Eagle Alloy's around $650 delivered and I picked up the Method's off Discount tire direct's ebay account for $750 delivered.

Wheels and tires seem to the first thing someone does to the truck and always seem to be the first thing they get bored with after a while. It's always fun to mod the truck but we all know you will get them mounted sooner than later, just seems like you should get the wheels you really want before settling.

sorry for the paragraphs but we've all been down the road of modding something then not being 100% happy with it.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya. I should have stuck with then Fat Fives. I like these though, but the slightly different specs are a concern. But what the heck, I'll either rub like crazy or I won't. I'll break some new ground here and maybe come up with a new combo. Or maybe I'll end up with a set of new tires and wheels in the Garage section.

I'm committed now. Truck is on the lift waiting on UPS to so their morning delivery and my Mickey Thompsons. Wish me luck!

7asavame.jpg