Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radial for winter driving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I saw a set of the Cooper Maxx tires at ARDD and really liked them

I'm hearing very good things about them from folks that have purchased them. Four trucks in HARO are running them with 37s because they're light and inexpensive. Also have gotten good feedback about wear, road noise, wet road conditions, and even in the mud at Raptoberfest last month.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first I'm hearing about the KM2's blowing apart at highway speeds.

What's the story behind that?

And it sucks to hear about the Claws not holding up well. I too, wanted a lighter mud tire and these look awesome on your truck.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is the first I'm hearing about the KM2's blowing apart at highway speeds.

What's the story behind that?

And it sucks to hear about the Claws not holding up well. I too, wanted a lighter mud tire and these look awesome on your truck.

I first heard about it on a review where people were talking about tread separation and chunking then I actually saw pictures from a guy (posted this past weekend) on my old Nissan Titan forum that had the tread completely separate from the tire on the highway and ripped apart his fender and driver's door.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
@whtrapta, are you still happy with these? I'm concerned about wear, road noise, and wet traction. Interested to know your thoughts on them since you're only guy I know running these on a Raptor.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/mickey-thompson-claw-35-37-a-36847/#post742942
avoid the baja claw or baja claw TTC radials. Terrible tires. I got 25k mi out of mine. they don't stay balanced and dont wear correctly no matter how often you align or rotate

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whoa first I have heard about the KM2'S blowing out also. I had them on my last truck on the stockers only for winter so I didnt put many miles on them but I loved them. No issues and did well in all conditions.

Anyone else hear similar issues?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the verdict here?
Stay away from these tires for winter and general use?
I'm looking at my stock tires and going into the snow months here they probably should be replaced...

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what's the verdict here?
Stay away from these tires for winter and general use?
I'm looking at my stock tires and going into the snow months here they probably should be replaced...

Deep snow is fine but I wouldn't want them for ice/hard pack

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deep snow is fine but I wouldn't want them for ice/hard pack

Okay thanks....I don't think there are to many tires that are good on ice...hard packed snow might be an unavoidable one with the stupid snow plow setups around here that the city runs.... :-/

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks....I don't think there are to many tires that are good on ice...hard packed snow might be an unavoidable one with the stupid snow plow setups around here that the city runs.... :-/

The Duratrac is probably one of the better ice/hard pack tires. The Nitto Exo Grappler looks promising too.

Look for something with more sipes. You can see the Durtrac has a lot of them. Here is a quick link to help explain sipes and their purpose
Continental Tires -How sipes work