Method Wheels in Snow/salt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild Card

Reaction score
I’m strongly considering putting Method Bronze wheels on my Gen2 SCrew. I live in Maine with lots of snow and heavily salted roads. Can anyone offer first hand experience with Methods in the snow? How does the wheel/finish hold up to the salt as compared to the stock wheels? I may just keep my stock tires/wheels and run those as my winter wheels if necessary.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m strongly considering putting Method Bronze wheels on my Gen2 SCrew. I live in Maine with lots of snow and heavily salted roads. Can anyone offer first hand experience with Methods in the snow? How does the wheel/finish hold up to the salt as compared to the stock wheels? I may just keep my stock tires/wheels and run those as my winter wheels if necessary.

Method hole, magnesium gray / machined lip, 2 jersey winters and still holding.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
with any wheel and not just methods you want to clean/wash them regularly if you subject them to lots of salt.

I rotate my methods every 5k and when I have them off the truck and I give them a good wash.

OP
OP
W

Wild Card

Reaction score
with any wheel and not just methods you want to clean/wash them regularly if you subject them to lots of salt.

I rotate my methods every 5k and when I have them off the truck and I give them a good wash.

Absolutely agree.

I have a fleet of 15 Ford Super Duty plow trucks and live in the salt and have seen too many pieces of equipment fail sooner than they should and wanted some level of confirmation on the Method Wheels. I am getting them anyway, just didn't know if I would ruin them in the winter conditions. Glad to hear they hold up, the Ultra Wheels on my last F350 didn't fair so well in the winter conditions and I ended replacing them after a few years.

Last edited:

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly enough I don’t wash my truck much during the winter and I’m in ****** NY and daily drive it. While these still haven’t been hand washed at all this year yet (I’m lazy) I do have access to a 3400 psi pressure washer at work and I get up nice and close. They are over a year old and could clean up better still with some elbow grease,

78fa9300fa9b48ce3ba8c496fdf48f22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do fine. The original set I had, all the bolts rusted and looked like shit after two winters. Method replaced them for free, and the new bolts did fine.