Which method wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throwing up a vote for NV's. Not on your list but I think you need to give them a look. :)

OP
OP
abrown

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels are gonna have to wait, just had to put a new AC in the house. Lucky me, but i think its gonna be the mesh when i gots s'more monies for fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it's on topic...I have a question...

Keep in mind I've never seen any of these wheels up close in person...and that's why I'm asking...also considering new wheels and this info would be good to have so I don't get any surprises.

On the Method Wheels mentioned (Standard, Double Standard, Mesh, NV) do the perimeter bolts secure a ring that is a separate piece...or do they just thread into the wheel itself? Also...do the perimeter bolts do anything or is it just to simulate the look of a beadlock wheel?

Like I said...only ever seen pictures and it's kinda hard to tell.

Any info appreciated.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @Aramco Raptor, yeah, all of the Method "street wheels" are nothing but a simulated Beadlock. There is no ring, the wheel is all one piece and the bolts are solely for looks. They serve no purpose other than to simulate the look of the Beadlock.

With that said, I initially was interested in the real deal "race series" wheels that were a true Beadlock. But as I researched and talked to guys with the real beadlocks, they are frankly a pain in the ass if your truck is a daily driver. Method recommends that the 96 bolts on the 4 wheels be re-torqued....EVERY 200 miles!!! I've talked to guys that said that it doesn't have to be done that often, but still, even every 1,000 miles means that I would have had to re-torque 96 bolts, 18 separate times in the past year that I've owned my truck.

Basically, beadlocks are for an extra set of wheels that are soley used for offroad. The "street version" wheels are for everyday driving. I've had some fun and know guys that have beat on and aired down the "street versions" with zero problems.

Hope that helps man!

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @Aramco Raptor, yeah, all of the Method "street wheels" are nothing but a simulated Beadlock. There is no ring, the wheel is all one piece and the bolts are solely for looks. They serve no purpose other than to simulate the look of the Beadlock.

With that said, I initially was interested in the real deal "race series" wheels that were a true Beadlock. But as I researched and talked to guys with the real beadlocks, they are frankly a pain in the ass if your truck is a daily driver. Method recommends that the 96 bolts on the 4 wheels be re-torqued....EVERY 200 miles!!! I've talked to guys that said that it doesn't have to be done that often, but still, even every 1,000 miles means that I would have had to re-torque 96 bolts, 18 separate times in the past year that I've owned my truck.

Basically, beadlocks are for an extra set of wheels that are soley used for offroad. The "street version" wheels are for everyday driving. I've had some fun and know guys that have beat on and aired down the "street versions" with zero problems.

Hope that helps man!

Definitely helps...thanks LekRap!

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wheels are gonna have to wait, just had to put a new AC in the house. Lucky me, but i think its gonna be the mesh when i gots s'more monies for fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that sucks. It's crazy how much of a difference changing the wheels makes on the truck.