Method Roost and Bfg KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For @Reptar or any of the other guys with these wheels, did you leave the bolt on center rings attached to the wheel when the tire shop did the balancing or should they be removed prior to balancing? I just finished color matching the rings to the Raptor flare color. I just wanted to make sure that the rings didn't get damaged etc. I hope to be able to stop by Discount Tire on Monday.

Was going to get all of this done on Friday, but Method mispacked a black wheel in a box labeled for a bronze wheel. Luckily, a quick Amazon chat led to a return shipping label and priority overnight shipping for the replacement wheel. The wheel came around noon today and I immediately painted the center ring Metallic Flat Soft Iron to match the previously painted rings. Only lame thing is that they didn't include the factory box for the replacement and just shipped it in a plain brown box with the packing material thrown in. Wheel seemed fine though and Method has a two year warranty so whatever.

I'm pretty sure you can't leave the rings on, it'll interefere with how they bolt the wheel up to the balancing machine. It's only the 6 little allen bolts though. I just never installed them before taking the wheels in for mounting & balancing.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Reptar. I was guessing as much. Regardless, probably better to leave the rings off anyway to protect my time investment in painting them.