Method ring bolts rusting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may have been covered already, but after just a few months of winter the outer ring bolts are rusting on my new Method Double Standards ... any easy fixes or just replace them all with stainless? NOT HAPPY!!

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the rusting zinc coated bolts on my Doulbe Standars with the silver/stainless bolts that come with the Standards and the new Mesh - IMO they look way better and will hold up to road salt. The zinc coated bolts were trashed in less than 6 months.

Attachments

• IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1089.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 154

Magnum PI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always get some rustoleum not sure if that's how you spell it and paint them. Have the same problem after winter.

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always get some rustoleum not sure if that's how you spell it and paint them. Have the same problem after winter.

The salt they put on the roads here in UT literally dissolved the zinc coating on the bolts in one winter so I doubt rustoleum paint would hold up. I never liked the gold look anyway and stainless is the ticket.