Method Double Standards on a 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I remember the issue tht came up, something about 2014's having a different caliper than previous years. I can not remember if anything was remedied or not by method. Crap let me take a look.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Found the original thread here http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/method-double-standards-2014-a-29526/?highlight=method+fit

It looks hit or miss on fitment. 2014's do have a different caliper, and coupled with slight machining differences on the methods it looks to be a coin toss on fitment.

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have Discount test fit them before mounting. I have looked at dozens of pictures, many with the custom center caps. I think this is the wheel not the center caps, there is a range of ~.25 inches where the center cap is sunken, versus extended. My guess is Method has/had issues with machining the center and ultimately the backspace varies. That is my hypothesis anyway.

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my 14 getting Double Standards and 37 km2.
5434d4a7e5bd19f4cb4c434d6108ce73.jpg

And here is my 14 just before I drove it out because the 17 x 8.5 wheels hit my calipers on test fit! It really was not close. What is interesting is 2 boxes said Raceline wheels and the other said Method wheels. We did not try one from each box. Makes me wonder if one was older than the other. fwiw, the one that said Method on the side did not fit.
dadbd956d98e27496b5fff6299f0d2f9.jpg

I had them order NVs
Dennis

permag

Reaction score
I had paper-thin clearance with my double standards on my '14 screw but went ahead and installed them with Duratracs. I'm a few months in, and have had no interference. Awesome combo. My only issue is the Duratracs are pretty beefy and rub slightly on my mud flaps at full lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is my 14 getting Double Standards and 37 km2.
And here is my 14 just before I drove it out because the 17 x 8.5 wheels hit my calipers on test fit! It really was not close. What is interesting is 2 boxes said Raceline wheels and the other said Method wheels. We did not try one from each box. Makes me wonder if one was older than the other. fwiw, the one that said Method on the side did not fit.
I had them order NVs
Dennis

That sucks but thanks for sharing the info. It may be isolated to older double standards as mine were old as well.