Method Double Standards on a 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gus00SVTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took a quick look at the front of the wheel. Spokes are definitely VERY close to the caliper. I never heard any grinding noises coming from the wheels while driving the truck. I will try to look at the backside of the wheels for any damage tomorrow when i have some daylight.

Gus00SVTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant see the backside of the wheel due to the dust guard. But i can tell you my wheels are not hitting the caliper at all. VERY close to hitting. Probably a paper thin gap. I felt the backsides of each spoke with my fingers and felt no scrapes or gouges.
aqyrysum.jpg
zazuty3y.jpg

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably option A

ure3e5eh.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

In all seriousness though... Not really sure where this leaves the issue. Method has acknowledged it so maybe it wasn't just my experience?? Who knows.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably option A

ure3e5eh.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

In all seriousness though... Not really sure where this leaves the issue. Method has acknowledged it so maybe it wasn't just my experience?? Who knows.

Seeing how close it was to his caliper it leads me to think that it is due to Methods Tolerances, Tizz your's could just have been a 1/100 set that does this. I know Method tolerances vary as the CNC Center Caps some peoples sat flush while others poked out. Who knows!

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have double standards on my 2014 with no issues...

And there in lies the great mystery of Chinese manufacturing standards! There aren't any! If anyone knows this it's me. My caps are all the same and they have fit all different ways on the same style of wheel....some flush some recessed some too tall.

You may get lucky....test fit your wheels before you throw a fit!

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Method Double Standard 2014 Brake Issue

I searched on this and earlier this year there was either Method quality issues or Ford Brake caliper issues specific to the 2014 model year. I just ordered a set of Method DS 17x8.5 and 37 km2s before finding the original thread. Is there still issues? I ordered through Discount Tire and am wondering if I need to change my order?
Anyone know what finally, if anything came of the issue?
Dennis