Method Double Standards on a 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soooo. how did this turnout???

is method making changes to their 14 production???

permag

Reaction score
I have a set of Double Standards waiting in the garage for my '14 coming on Wednesday. Seriously disappointed in this news as I bought them months ago when I first ordered my Raptor.

I spoke to Method today about it. They were caught completely off-guard by the running change, having built out lots of inventory of DS wheels. And, apparently, there's no problem on the standard F-150, just the Raptor. They are re-working their Mold for compatibility, but it could take months before new versions are in the channel. In the mean time, they suggested returning your wheels if they haven't been mounted. If that's not an option, (which its not for me) they suggested the following:
1. Never ever use spacers.
2.Wheel adapters, but pushing the wheels out another inch is an ugly solution.
2. Clearance the wheels a couple MM where they hit the calipers. Could be tough to keep balanced without a mill.
3. Clearance the calipers, taking off a few MMs where they rub. Take a die grinder to my brand new truck? Starting to sound strangely reasonable.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in your comment you say if they have not been mounted.

So are you saying they wont refund your purchase if they have been mounted? As in you bought something that was 2014 and their incorrect product does not fit the standard raptor and you are at fault?

I hope you misspoke

permag

Reaction score
in your comment you say if they have not been mounted.

So are you saying they wont refund your purchase if they have been mounted? As in you bought something that was 2014 and their incorrect product does not fit the standard raptor and you are at fault?

I hope you misspoke

Mounted as in, they were previously fitted on a '13 for a brief period, then re-boxed, and stored until my '14 arrived.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you just get a older model caliper? Good excuse to upgrade your brake lines.