Method Double Standards on a 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed my old method double standards on my 2014 temporarily and discovered the front brake caliper appears to have been enlarged on the 2014. Driverside caliper was severely contacting the double standard.

8u5ebyvy.jpg

buta4e6e.jpg

y6e2ase6.jpg

The NV offers much better clearance and will not pose a problem with the enlarged caliper.

eqa9eqe8.jpg

y4u8uhej.jpg

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
This is a big deal! So now the most popular Method wheel won't fit on 2014 Raptors. I'm sure Method will be super happy to hear that.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

And allow me to be the first to say it. The 2014 has better brakes than earlier model Raptors. Nanny nanny. Boo boo.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is the new caliper functionally bigger or just possibly the end of a set of dies for casting making the difference? My KMCs are tight enough that the first time they were mounted everything was fine, but after I had them off they went back on different corners and 2 of them rubbed. I had to grind casting flash off the calipers.

MKSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely just a larger caliper casting. I am sure ford would have noted a larger/better braking system for the 2014's. I mean its pretty dumb if they didn't.Unless they just wanted to screw all the aftermarket rim manufacturers,lol.

boostfiend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the methods come with a little black plastic spacer ring thing did that stay on the old truck??

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put methods or any other wheel on their 2014's?

I temporarily put my 37" Projects on Double Standards on the new truck and guess what... they don't fit. Not sure what's changed but my initial thought is the caliper is bigger on the 14 causing it to rub on the wheel.

8u5ebyvy.jpg

buta4e6e.jpg

y6e2ase6.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Update... Caliper is indeed bigger on the 2014. The double standard will not fit. However the NV has plenty of clearance.

eqa9eqe8.jpg

y4u8uhej.jpg

Hit me up if you want to sell them. Scratch and dent sale

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is the new caliper functionally bigger or just possibly the end of a set of dies for casting making the difference? My KMCs are tight enough that the first time they were mounted everything was fine, but after I had them off they went back on different corners and 2 of them rubbed. I had to grind casting flash off the calipers.

Most likely just a larger caliper casting. I am sure ford would have noted a larger/better braking system for the 2014's. I mean its pretty dumb if they didn't.Unless they just wanted to screw all the aftermarket rim manufacturers,lol.

It physically looks bigger than the one on my 2010. However, I didn't measure.

Seems like grinding down the casting as steel mentioned is a good option though. The driverside was much more severe than the passenger side.

Do the methods come with a little black plastic spacer ring thing did that stay on the old truck??

I don't think so.

Hit me up if you want to sell them. Scratch and dent sale

They were only borrowed from my 2010. Very temporarily at that!