MB TKO 20" Wheels + 37's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Had the deal of the year happen to me over the weekend and figured I'd share and get some opinions on fitment.

Someone on FB had some Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 37x12.50 with ~50% they were trying to sell for $750 because they couldn't fit them on a regular F-150 after he bought them, lol. He kept trying to sell them and no one would bite, but lots of people wanted to trade, none worked out for him. Over past couple weeks I'd offer that I'd be down to trade for my Cooper 35x12.5 and finally he asked for more pictures and if even tread wear it'd be an even swap. I ended up having less tread, so he asked for $100 which I thought was more than fair and took him up on it.

I knew a little about what could/would be required to fit them, so got them traded Saturday and figured I'd deal with any issues afterwards. Way less fender well, sits taller, more expensive tires, rides better and a good bit for tread.

My wheels aren't the FRF norm and have +25 offset which I believe helped me fit them easier? I'm on mid-perch and can turn them lock-to-lock and just barely clears the fender. I sold a bike so took it on a 200 mile trip yesterday and when I got home I checked I only had an every so slight rub on rear of front fender on passenger side, likely from turning. I'm fairly sure I could eliminate that if I wanted to go to top-perch. Reading previously on here it sounded like beating pinch welds in is a requirement to fit 37's, but I don't see a need...what am I missing?? Or am I okay with the wheel offset and the type of use the truck sees?

Any input is appreciated!

Phone1.jpg
Phone2.jpg
Phone3.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you go offroad you might have rubbing issues from suspension travel. You'll have to beat on those pinch welds.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the suspension compresses, your tires will rub the pinch welds - hence the reason for beating the pinch welds. I'd likely at least do that.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I rarely go offroading, no real place around here to play. Beating the pinch welds in sounds pretty simple, I'll do that this coming weekend since it's suppose to rain.

I love the extra 2.11" of tire, rides noticeably better.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They look really good!!! Do the pinch welds at least, and trim the liner a little where you noticed the rub. That way if the bug bites you and you decide to beat on it a little, you won't have any worries.

How's the plasti dip holding up?

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
They look really good!!! Do the pinch welds at least, and trim the liner a little where you noticed the rub. That way if the bug bites you and you decide to beat on it a little, you won't have any worries.

How's the plasti dip holding up?

Thanks, will do! Mainly so that so I won't have any worries taking a corner too fast. :)

Dip is holding up great, looks just like the day I sprayed it. I washed and took the busa apart over the weekend, fixing to spray it electric lime green with 25g of iguana green pearl in last 1/2 of the gallon. Gotta love bikes, easy and only 1 gallon required. :)

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Took a little bit of trial and error to get my speedometer corrected. This site said I need 549 rev/mile:
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 37X12.50R20

I did the calculation before and came up with 548.49 rev/mile. I was closer with the stock size on my tune. Took several times to get it accurate, but ended up being 590 rev/mile. Now I can see what kind of gas mileage I'm losing out on, haha