Lug Nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIA2013

Reaction score
Quick question, will my gorilla lug nuts on my methods work on a factory spare wheel in case of a flat? Or do I need to pick up 6 factory lug nuts?

thanks

D

Deleted member 12951

Last edited by a moderator:

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I carry 8 spare stock or stock style and 8 spare lugs for the methods. So no matter which spare wheel is under the truck I am covered. Also I have lost a lug nut or two off road in the past while changing flats so best to be prepared.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2 weeks ago sold my 2010 wheels to a buddy and he had gorilla lug nuts. We put on all 4 stock raptor wheels on his F150 with the gorilla lug nuts with no issues. It is his daily driver.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've gathered...the gorilla/method wheels splined lugs are not "ideal" for the stock wheels but would be totally fine to put on a spare if needed. I ran the splined lugs on my stock beadlocks for a few thousand miles with zero issues until I got my methods.

If I were to always run the stock wheels, I would run stock type lugs (I believe Gorilla recently came out with a fatter acorn style lug that comes in black) that would fit stock wheels nicely.

But yeah...for a spare, my opinion is you'd be fine with the splined lug.