KMC XD 222 wheels installing on Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the pain of a sports car. I have a 2011 ZO6/ZO7 inferno Orange Vette. At least its paid for. If your on stock tires you might be OK. I was under the impression that 2010 Raptor came at low perch...can someone verify the fact please...Maybe someone took it to high perch in the past? If you are on high perch I don't know how to tell. If so you don't have too much to worry about on clearance on tire rub. Someone help here!

LOL yes you are aware of the battle for funds between toys. Every other Raptor that parks next to my truck looks a lot lower. I'm pretty sure the rancher that owned it before me didn't raise the perch however, when I bought the truck, it came with a ridiculous brush guard from Fab Four. I couldn't lift it but maybe an inch off the ground by myself. There is a possibility that he had the high perch put on the truck due to the weight of the brush guard.

OP
OP
Vegas Raptor

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other woman!

I turn in the Raptor tomorrow to have the Borla touring exhaust installed! Yes the battle of funds for the toys...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vegas Raptor

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borla

I turn in the Raptor tomorrow to have the Borla touring exhaust installed! Yes the battle of funds for the toys...

It is done...Borla exhaust...sound pretty grumbly but not obnoxious at freeway speeds! Also...decided to live with the 70-80 mph vibrations, its not that bad...so no beads will be installed. Tire/Wheels are now done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
OP
OP
Vegas Raptor

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant take the warnings anymore

Well I cant take the warnings anymore from the truck. This is in reference on removing the stock TPMS from the 2010 truck after I installed the new wheels/tires at "4 the truck" The Ford dealership will not help remove this from the computer. Also, that made in-china aftermarket TPMS monitoring POS kit took a dump on me! The pressure was under 50 psi, but the monitoring system was reading 100 psi for all four tires! WTF? So I bought a new set of stock TPMS and had them installed and recalibrate the system and warnings are gone...Thank God...Putting a piece of tape over the dash idiot icon is not enough...you have to read and hear it every time the truck is started!

Attachments

• 20141022_143440.jpg
    20141022_143440.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Vegas Raptor

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know this is an old thread, but I would like to share and as your thoughts on the matter. It's been a few months since the wheel/tire setup was done. The only issue was tire balancing since it could not be fully balanced out. I know it's the nature of the beast with this kind of setup...I have notice tho after driving on them for a while the beadlock ring has shifted or out of round, offset...what ever you would like to call it on the rim assembly. It's a minor shift and not a major problem. It did not really dawn on me when I did a 22ft lbs check on the bolts the hole they recessed in was offset. Since it is offset obviously the whole ring is as well. If the ring is offset balance cannot be maintained or achieved to a point of vibration free driving on the freeway at 70-75 mph. I would think a product improvement would be some mod to keep the ring from shifting. Again off road application...it's not a big deal. As for city driving it is noticed. This is an excellent chance why balance can't be done.

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know this is an old thread, but I would like to share and as your thoughts on the matter. It's been a few months since the wheel/tire setup was done. The only issue was tire balancing since it could not be fully balanced out. I know it's the nature of the beast with this kind of setup...I have notice tho after driving on them for a while the beadlock ring has shifted or out of round, offset...what ever you would like to call it on the rim assembly. It's a minor shift and not a major problem. It did not really dawn on me when I did a 22ft lbs check on the bolts the hole they recessed in was offset. Since it is offset obviously the whole ring is as well. If the ring is offset balance cannot be maintained or achieved to a point of vibration free driving on the freeway at 70-75 mph. I would think a product improvement would be some mod to keep the ring from shifting. Again off road application...it's not a big deal. As for city driving it is noticed. This is an excellent chance why balance can't be done.

Did you contact KMC about the ring? I would think they have some sort of warranty against manufacturers defects..

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your troubles bud. Do you think I could give you a call to discuss the issue? I'm not sure I fully understand the problem and I'm trying to figure out if I will or have the same issue. Thanks.

MF RAPTOR