KMC XD 222 wheels installing on Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is gonna sound dumb BUT where are the weights placed on the barrel of the wheel?

I ask because I had some Advan GT wheels put on my GTR and in an effort to hide the weights so that you couldn't see them from the outside, the tire place put the weights on the far edge of the barrel as to make them not be seen once the tire is mounted. They should have been placed closer to the actual spokes and this I got vibration at 75-80 mph.

I doubt this is the case with your wheels but it's worth taking a look. I had to have the weights on my wheels remounted and the vibration went away.

MF RAPTOR

OP
OP
Vegas Raptor

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is gonna sound dumb BUT where are the weights placed on the barrel of the wheel?

I ask because I had some Advan GT wheels put on my GTR and in an effort to hide the weights so that you couldn't see them from the outside, the tire place put the weights on the far edge of the barrel as to make them not be seen once the tire is mounted. They should have been placed closer to the actual spokes and this I got vibration at 75-80 mph.

I doubt this is the case with your wheels but it's worth taking a look. I had to have the weights on my wheels remounted and the vibration went away.

MF RAPTOR

Himmm...good question...need to check that one...

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a set of those tires several years ago, never could correct the issues!

I've always had bad luck with Goodyears in general for regular street use and vibration. There is a lot of praise on this forum (and my last forum) for them. But I went back to Toyo/Nitto shortly after and all issues were alleviated. Smooth as glass

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can if they're not hub centric. Shoot me a PM with the center bore diameter and the depth. My fabricator made me some for my racelines. They're hub centric center caps.

qybmz6.jpg