KMC Enduro Beadlock Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
Beadlocks strip out, back out and break bolts all the time. I seriously don't suggest them.

I agreed, I ran these on my Raptor back in the day, damn they looked good, but Jesus were they a pain in the ass to maintain......never again on a street truck

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agreed, I ran these on my Raptor back in the day, damn they looked good, but Jesus were they a pain in the ass to maintain......never again on a street truck

When you say "maintain".....what exactly you mean by that? I was contemplating bead locks

12' Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
08' SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80GPS

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For liability reasons I would never recommend fasteners for a particular application unless I was familiar with the product, … but …
In my field of expertise we use many stainless steel and other inert/none corrosive fasteners that well exceed the capabilities of a grade 8 bolt.
Also keep in mind that, due to the very low torque value for bead lock bolts, the yield requirement is very low. But the bolt will experience high bending forces.

P.S. a corroded grade 8 bolt will fail long before a quality stainless steel bolt.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
Now that your sister has your old Raptor, does she even maintain them at all??

She doesn't......but whatever "boy" she is dating at the time does :boxed:

When you say "maintain".....what exactly you mean by that? I was contemplating bead locks

If I didn't check them every week, I'd start to loose air in my tires and that stupid air pressure light on the dash would pop up. And while that doesn't seem like much of a hassle, remember there are 128 bolts to check........ You might have better luck with steel wheels, but with the Enduro's you could only torque the grade 8 bolts so much before you stripped the thread out of the aluminum wheel.........I'll give you one guess as to how I found that out

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put my second set of tires on my enduros and yes, they suck to mount, but i didn't lose a single pound of air out of any tire in the 2 months since i mounted the stock bfgs. I didn't ever have to tighten any bolts either. I used grade 8 stainless bolts for mine.

Last edited:

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The paper that comes with the enduros spec 20-24 ft/lb torque, I could only torque to 10 before they started stripping. I'm sending them back. They should use metal inserts, not tapped aluminium.