Kanati Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

This morning I am digging around on the internet for new tires for my Can-am Maverick Max side by side. I am leaning toward a tire made by the Greenball corporation called the Kanati Mongrel. I have heard awesome things about them and many of the top sxs race teams are running this tire.

When I found there website I was very surprised to see their other offerings. One looks identical to a duratrac and has the Mountain Snowflake. The other looks like an old goodyear MTR. After some digging the closest thing to Raptor size in the duratrac copy in 285-70-17, however supposedly new sizes are coming very soon. I did a quick search for a price comparison at Sams Club the Kanati Trail Hog (duratrac copy) in the 285 is $224 vs the actual duratrac is $279. (obiously I know no one wants a 285 I just did it to check prices)

The Mud Hog (old MTR copy) does come in a 35-12.50-17. Its stats look very interesting, especially the price $274

Tires Size: LT35X12.50R17

Ply Rated:ply Rated: 8PR

Tread Depth (32nds in.): 20

Overall Diameter (in.): 34.8

Sidewall Width (in.): 12.5 ON 10

Rim Width (in.): 8.5-11

Weight (lbs.): 63.5

PSI: 50

Speed Rating: Q

Anyhow thought I would share. This may be old news to some buy I searched and couldn't find anything.

azejuheh.jpg

uqy8y6aq.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wvraptor13

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of them and something just doesn't sit well with me when it comes to off-brand tires.

I feel the exact same way. Like I said I was actually looking for my sxs. They are marketed as GBC in the atv/sxs world. They have actually grown very popular in the last few years.

I just thought it was interesting, and I liked the fact I can get them at Sams. I am actually very happy with my stock BFG's. But I thought the trail hog might be a great strictly winter tire.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I feel the exact same way. Like I said I was actually looking for my sxs. They are marketed as GBC in the atv/sxs world. They have actually grown very popular in the last few years.

I just thought it was interesting, and I liked the fact I can get them at Sams. I am actually very happy with my stock BFG's. But I thought the trail hog might be a great strictly winter tire.

True! FWIW, I think these are some of the best all-around tires and plan to run them on my truck. Cooper Tire & Rubber Company - Discoverer S/T MAXX™

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Certain things from China are ok. But I'd stay away from Chinese tires for automobiles.