K02 VS General Grabber?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, good to know. What's your take on the General Grabbers Justin? I know you deal with a lot of wheels and tires...

Great desert tire and they look awesome. They don't balance great but that's probably due to the thick durable sidewalls. IMO they're about as practical as the old Baja T/A DOT's that had the project tread.

I personally would go with a Nitto or Toyo MT if I to had to have an MT that I drove on the street. I'm happy with my KO2's. Out side of throwing rocks they've been pretty nice for my first 5k I've put on them. My ultimate tire would be a Toyo R/T that weighed the same as a BFG.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great desert tire and they look awesome. They don't balance great but that's probably due to the thick durable sidewalls. IMO they're about as practical as the old Baja T/A DOT's that had the project tread.

I personally would go with a Nitto or Toyo MT if I to had to have an MT that I drove on the street. I'm happy with my KO2's. Out side of throwing rocks they've been pretty nice for my first 5k I've put on them. My ultimate tire would be a Toyo R/T that weighed the same as a BFG.

Good info! Thanks dude. 37" KO2's are my next tire...unless the new KM3 is out by then. Do you have any info on when those might actually come out?

OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, for a 90% street queen does it even make sense for a Toyo or Nitto? I have been on a single high speed raptor run so far and not sure how many more I have in my future. K02 and Red letters are reasonably priced and I figure for what I do either would suffice.

Its not like either is going to leave me stranded because of weather or conditions.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good info! Thanks dude. 37" KO2's are my next tire...unless the new KM3 is out by then. Do you have any info on when those might actually come out?

My BFG rep hinted that there are too many KM2's on the shelves/unsold. They don't want to make the KM2 obsolete by bringing the KM3 too soon. His guess was 2016. But you never know. I see better info on the forum sometimes versus direct from my reps lol.

Honestly, for a 90% street queen does it even make sense for a Toyo or Nitto? I have been on a single high speed raptor run so far and not sure how many more I have in my future. K02 and Red letters are reasonably priced and I figure for what I do either would suffice.

Its not like either is going to leave me stranded because of weather or conditions.

I only recommended those over the Generals because they have much better road manners and they're quiet considering their aggressive tread designs. So considering it's a street queen it makes the most sense to run a tire that's nicer on the street right?

Road Manners = KO2 over the Nitto/Toyo (MT's) over the Grabber

The KO2 is your best bet IMO

PS the generals might leave stranded in the ice/snow. Tires make all the difference in the snow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STaximkaQxo

The General is like a "Summer Tire" in that scenario

Last edited:
OP
OP
d.p

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great. KO2s come with raised(white) and non-raised lettering right?

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My BFG rep hinted that there are too many KM2's on the shelves/unsold. They don't want to make the KM2 obsolete by bringing the KM3 too soon. His guess was 2016. But you never know. I see better info on the forum sometimes versus direct from my reps lol.

I only recommended those over the Generals because they have much better road manners and they're quiet considering their aggressive tread designs. So considering it's a street queen it makes the most sense to run a tire that's nicer on the street right?

Road Manners = KO2 over the Nitto/Toyo (MT's) over the Grabber

The KO2 is your best bet IMO

PS the generals might leave stranded in the ice/snow. Tires make all the difference in the snow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STaximkaQxo

The General is like a "Summer Tire" in that scenario

I have drove a rear wheel drive car for the last 12 years. So maybe I am just use to driving bad snow cars in snow but the grabbers were fine this winter. They were just as good as the fuel m/t's that came with my truck. They are DEFINITELY not anything like a summer tire (at least the 35" dot ones). I have drove my cts-v with summer tires in one inch of snow before and it was the scariest thing I have ever did in my life.

The grabbers are not a snow tire but I had no trouble in 1" to 12" of snow this winter. Again I know there are better snow tires but you will not be stranded anywhere if you know how to drive

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Careful. I was near stranded due to grabbers and deep snow in northern Minnesota a winter ago. 6" from the road. In a light dusting they are ok. anything more than an inch or two and they have no bite and no way to expel Snow.

In the dirt / sand they are awesome. They also wonder on the road and hydroplane really bad in light rain.

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful. I was near stranded due to grabbers and deep snow in northern Minnesota a winter ago. 6" from the road. In a light dusting they are ok. anything more than an inch or two and they have no bite and no way to expel Snow.

In the dirt / sand they are awesome. They also wonder on the road and hydroplane really bad in light rain.

Really? I was driving through 12" of snow and didn't have a problem in 4x4 with the grabbers last winter.

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My grabbers are great in even heavy rain. I noticed that tire psi was a little hard to dial in, possibly because of thick sidewall. But once i found the correct tire psi these tires hook up great.