It's that time again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These tires are definitely more aggressive than the Nitto Trail Grapplers I had on here before, the tread stands much taller, the noise from these tires so far is definitely reasonable at all speeds but peaks it's hum from 55-70. Definitely not a crazy sound, to hear it you have to cut off your radio and turn the AC to low if not off. The tires have one strange part where cruising down the interstate and wiggling the wheel it honestly feels like it is floating on the road, not an unsettling feeling, just a different than sports car feel. At 85 the steering wheel slightly vibrates but not bad at all and the seat does also but just barely. Tested them to 90 and I did not feel unsafe at any point.

The final call on these is that they are much more aggressive than Nitto Trail Grapplers/Toyo MT's but not a rough noisy ride like Mud Grapplers or some other mud tires!

Would I buy them again? Most likely yes (*only had 8 hours of driving on them so hard to really say a firm opinion yet) I'll take them offroading soon but I'm sure they can and will perform well!

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

I really like that tread pattern. You'll have to report back how you like them after a bit. Mickey's are normally on the lighter side also which is nice.
68 pounds for standard raptor 35 size, the Nittos I had before were 74 I think the Bf Goodrich stock tire was 67

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Very nice. Are those directional?
By directional the tread does do sort of a /\ on the top so I believe so
23° angle off the middle with a ring in the center of like a gap like /!\ with the ! As a gap

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
From another thread...

I would never ever ever recommend these tires. When I first got them they were the best ever. At 25k miles I ripped them off my truck before I lost my mind.
They dont stay balanced ever.
They wear bad even if you have perfect alignment and rotate.
And at random speeds they would start to hop like the tire was egg shaped.
My stock BFGs got me over 50k miles before I destroyed them at TRR1, these were way down on tread at 25k miles.
And they became very slick on wet roads, very easy to spin the tires or slide.

I now have the ATZ p3 tires. Much better improvement. I have probably around 20K on them now and they are excellent. Tread wear is much better, no cupping or balance issues. VERY grippy on wet roads, actually very difficult to spin the tires on a wet road now. And they look great. Next will either be the even newer Mickey thompson Deegan 38 or the new BFG all terrain KO2.
Stock tire on back. Baja TTC in bed. ATZ p3 on truck
6FF0CDF5-D4C7-4DF9-B1A6-1D06B08A9373_zpsg1gbhsyg.jpg
I ran ARDD with these tires and there was almost 0 wear or chunking from the whole weekend. Very impressed with these tires.

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving on these tires for a long while I actually hate them more than any other tire I've ever had. They do exactly what the other poster said, they bounce like crazy. It gets to the point where I have to slow down to around 60 because I feel like it could just rip the truck apart I would no longer recommend these tires to anyone who loves their truck or their sanity. I have to do a lot of interstate driving now and they shake constantly. Ivery followed all rotation instructions and balanced them tons bit it doesn't help at all. When I drive in the rain I'm glad I have the aggressive tread because sure enough I'll be off in a ditch and need to get back out. Unless you plan on never going above 55 I do not recommend these tires at all.

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread just to make sure nobody buys those tires for their daily driven raptor

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread just to make sure nobody buys those tires for their daily driven raptor

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

thanks for the update. Im looking now and while I wasnt considering the Baja Claw, but good to rule out a bad tire too. Im looking at the Degan 38 now. They seem to be better rated for a DD.