Inset and Offset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nic.....can you post pics as I like the wider looking stance too?

What will give us that wide stance besides wheels, control arms? Bare with me here as I'm learning these machines

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only way to get that wider look is to have a wheel with either 0 or negative offset or longer/wider control arms. The control arms will be the much more expensive option as it will also require longer tie rods, longer cv axles and new coilovers.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dont have the best pics showing the stance. i hope this helps

2012-04-14_17-51-53_378.jpg
this pic shows the tires sticking out slightely
2012-03-10_08-03-36_969.jpg
2012-03-10_08-02-46_232.jpg

sorry thats the best i can do right now

_jb_

Reaction score
Considering -6 offset

i have -5. it rubbed at full lock going over small bumps and in reverse at full lock. went to mid perch and i havent rubbed since. i love the even wider stance it has now.

Hi Nick,

You mentioned on one of your posts that you're running a -5 offset and haven't rubbed at mid perch. I'm thinking about going with the method 101 non beadlock which is -6 offset and 17x8.5 with 4.75 backspace. If I go to mid perch and stick with 35" tires do you think I will still be able to offroad it pretty hard? Jump it? Etc. would you advise against after your experience?

Thank you
Joe

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Nick,

You mentioned on one of your posts that you're running a -5 offset and haven't rubbed at mid perch. I'm thinking about going with the method 101 non beadlock which is -6 offset and 17x8.5 with 4.75 backspace. If I go to mid perch and stick with 35" tires do you think I will still be able to offroad it pretty hard? Jump it? Etc. would you advise against after your experience?

Thank you

Joe

With my fuel wheels that were -5 I had rubbing only at bottom perch. Mid perch I had no issues with light off-roading. On mid perch and my methods at 0 offset I have no issues with hard off-roading. I think u will be ok but it also depends on what the actual size of the tire is, like bfg run small and toyos run big. So stock tires may be fine but some others may be an issue. Also anything with negative offset does add some stress to the front suspension...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_jb_

Reaction score
I'm thinking about running the bfg all terrain ko2 in 35". I would rather
be able to run the truck hard without worrying about the setup...I break enough stuff
as it is stock! Thanks for the help.