I NEED TPMS help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I never had any trouble with them until I bought a used set of methods and toyos off another member. After installing the methods i had the "tire pressue monitor fault" message on my message center, and the idiot light on the dash. They tried to train them quick at ford when i put them on and did not work. Then went to discount tire, they couldnt get it either. I didnt want to pay fords price for TPMS sensors so ordered some online and went back to ford. They tried for like 3 hrs and could jot get them all to work, at one point they had 3 trained but couldnt not get all of them. Now today i bought brand new tires and had 4 new sensors and they cannot get them to train.

WTF! I had 2 different sets of factory rims on my truck before the methods. Do these modules have a memory? Can they only store so many rims at a time? Is there a way to clear it? Ford is saying it probably is something on the truck side, not the sensors. This is hard for me to believe because I had no problems before the day i put methods on. And i cant really think its the methods when 50% of raptors have them. WTF this is driving me nuts! I want this light OFF.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naturally the wheels that came with the truck were trained at the factory. Bought a second set of wheels and tires (for winter). Put on the winter set but got no light or message. Tried to train them. Could not train them. So, drove around for 2 mos. without the light or message coming on. Then one real cold day the light and message comes on. I drive it home and was able to retrain the system for the winter set. When I went back to the summer set, it did the same thing, only it took 1 month this time for the light to come on. Then I was able to retrain. Now Im going on 4 mos. with the winter set and still no lights or warnings. Go figure. Don't really have a hard set answer for ya, except, if your warning lights aint lit, don't worry about it.