Hubcentric rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Anyone run hubcentric rings with Method wheels? I searched on here but found nothing that indicated yes or no.

If you guys do run them were did you get them?

Thanks for any help

-Mike

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do run Aluminum Hub Centric Rings custom made to match my Fuel Off-road wheels into stock Hub. I went this route cause didn't matter how balanced the wheels were they always vibrated when driving.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't see the need for rings. The wheels are lug centric and if they are balanced properly and then torqued correctly, you should not have a problem. There are thousands of vehicles running Methods without any issues.

OP
OP
LONGISLANDRAPTOR

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I don't have any shimmy, they ride great I was just curious. I seem to have a snap noise in the front en over large pot holes that I don't remember having before. It most likely is me just finally hearing it but I wanted to rule out the fact that I don't have hub rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my Methods put on, at a very reputable chain around here, the guy came back to me 1/2 way into install and said that I needed rings to make the wheels hub centric. He thought he might have some the size I needed but didn't, called their supplier and they didn't even make that size. Then he even called Method directly and spoke to someone. The guy at Method said that there is nothing to fit and that everyone runs them without a ring. When the install guy told me this, I made sure to ask him if he also thought it was ok. He said yeah, the ring is a small detail thing. And like someone said above, he said that if the wheels are mounted right and torqued correctly, no one would be able to tell any difference.

Hope that helps. I've been VERY happy with my Methods and I haven't heard anyone who got them and didn't agree. I was slightly concerned too when the guy said they should have these rings but couldn't find them, but my experience is that the difference (if any) is unnoticeable.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody can tell the difference until somebody can't get them to ride right. I had a terrible experience with lug centric centerline racing wheels years ago. Several posters here have had problems. Hub centric fixes that.

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having same isuue with my method nv and general grabber tires. I had them roadforce balanced again recently and still has shimmy over 70mph. I am going to try hubcentric rings, does anyone have a supplier?

OP
OP
LONGISLANDRAPTOR

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my methods. A balance issue should not exists with methods if they are balanced right. Just because a shop performs a balance doesn't mean it's correct.

Tires can also cause a vibration at speed so make sure you don't forget to pass some blame to the tire manufacture

I just wanted I make sure people don't use hub rings for hard offroad use with methods.

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem (vibration issues) on my Toyota Tacoma with aftermarket lug centric wheels. No one could balance them either. Also the roadforce balancing would have detected a bad tire. It cant hurt to try the hub centric rings.