Hub Centric Aftermarket Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I'm trying to find some aftermarket wheels that are hub centric. Just to confirm, if I can find a wheel that has a center bore of 87.1 it will automatically be hub centric on the Raptor, right?

Specifically, I'm looking at the Fuel Trophy D552 17x8.5 which has a bore of 87.1, but I'm wondering if I can apply this general rule to any wheels I am interested in.

While we're on the topic, if you happen to know of aftermarket wheels that are hub centric, feel free to list them.

Documented as hub-centric:
Fuel Trophy (87.1mm)
American Eagle Alloys Series 012 (86.92mm)
Pro Comp (many available, use 2014 catalog to find bore size)

Last edited:

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe American Eagle has a set that looks like the method standard. They were made for the Raptor specifically. Sorry edited for the correct company name

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are correct that hub centric wheels will have an 87.1 hub bore. The only hub centric wheels from Ford will be the ones that have open lugs and don't have a center cap. All other Fuel wheels with a center cap are are double drilled in the 6x135 and 6x5.5 lug patterns so they fit GM and Nissan as well.

My wheels are hub centric. Pro Comp 5035 Predator wheels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
You are correct that hub centric wheels will have an 87.1 hub bore. The only hub centric wheels from Ford will be the ones that have open lugs and don't have a center cap. All other Fuel wheels with a center cap are are double drilled in the 6x139.7 and 6x5.5 lug patterns so they fit GM and Nissan as well.

My wheels are hub centric. Pro Comp 5035 Predator wheels.

Don't the Ford beadlock wheels have closed lugs? I'm not too familiar with other Ford wheels, but I am looking more at aftermarket options for the sake of variety.

By "all other Fuel wheels" do you mean everything other than the Trophy wheels? It doesn't seem like the Trophy wheels are double drilled to me, but most pictures I have found are pretty dark so maybe I missed it.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't the Ford beadlock wheels have closed lugs? I'm not too familiar with other Ford wheels, but I am looking more at aftermarket options for the sake of variety.

By "all other Fuel wheels" do you mean everything other than the Trophy wheels? It doesn't seem like the Trophy wheels are double drilled to me, but most pictures I have found are pretty dark so maybe I missed it.

I should have said most other Fuel wheels. The wheels I'm referring to are the ones with enclosed lugs under a cap. Most of those that fit our trucks are double drilled for Ford/GM/Nissan lug patterns. Notice how all the center caps are the same?

Fuel-Hostage-Black-500.png

Fuel_Coupler_A1-500.png

Fuel_Mav%2020x10_BLK%20Milled_A1-700.png

When you look at the specs for those wheels, most are double drilled. Truth be told, not all of them are.

The Fuel Anza, Formula, Trophy, and Hostage II are hub-centric, although only the Anza and Trophy come in sizes/offsets that would work for our trucks and clear the fenders at full suspension compression.

And for the record, the factory bead locks have exposed lugs as well:
beadlocks.jpg

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Thanks Nick! I can't believe how fast you respond.

I now see what you are talking about. I would definitely be avoiding those Fuel wheels with the big UFO dish in the middle, and going for something more along the lines of the Trophy.

Correct, the OEM beadlocks do have exposed lugs. When you said open lugs, I thought you were referring to open-ended lug nuts (my mistake):

buddyclublugs.jpg

Hub centric is priority above all for me. I want to keep the fitment as close to OEM as possible, and make it easier to balance. The +6mm offset on the Trophy makes it even more tempting than a 0mm. Maybe I'll edit the OP to start a running list of documented 87.1 bore wheels if this takes off. M64D, I couldn't find documentation on the bore of the AE Series 012.

Thanks guys.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Nick! I can't believe how fast you respond.

I now see what you are talking about. I would definitely be avoiding those Fuel wheels with the big UFO dish in the middle, and going for something more along the lines of the Trophy.

Correct, the OEM beadlocks do have exposed lugs. When you said open lugs, I thought you were referring to open-ended lug nuts (my mistake):

buddyclublugs.jpg

Hub centric is priority above all for me. I want to keep the fitment as close to OEM as possible, and make it easier to balance. The +6mm offset on the Trophy makes it even more tempting than a 0mm. Maybe I'll edit the OP to start a running list of documented 87.1 bore wheels if this takes off. M64D, I couldn't find documentation on the bore of the AE Series 012.

Thanks guys.

The +6 is definitely nice. The Pro Comp Predator wheels I'm running are 17x8.5, 6x135 bolt pattern, 87.1 hub size, and 0 offset. I'm very happy with them, but would prefer a +6 offset if given the option.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
American Eagle does make Raptor specific hub - centric wheels. Both the original street locks and the new bead locks. Currently running the fake locks on my truck. Have had them on for a year.