How many spares do you run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two, a power tank and a tire plug kit. Have used both spares, plugged one and borrowed one off the chase trailer before on a run. I have seen guys get flats as soon as we hit the trail head. So two are needed if you want to venture very far into the desert.
I also read on here before, just carry one and borrow a buddies tire if needed. That's all well and good till someone ruins your $450 borrowed tire. Best bet is always be as prepared as you can be to fix your own truck.

x2...

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I normally only carry one spare. Desert trips....throw another in. And then I always have a tire plug kit in the truck. Cheap insurance.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
after 3 TRR's I now also carry:

brake caliper bolts - 4
lower A-arm pins - 2
bolts to act as stand in event of a arm break - 2

:Wedgie:

Peter - do you have the post numbers handy? If not don't worry about it. I'm capable of looking them up.

For you guys running two spares in the bed on a rack similar to Outlaws/Saints, how much is the view obstructed through the rearview mirror by the tires?

IMO - It's quite a bit. But the stock head rests also obstruct my view. Makes it hard to back the truck up when you have to turn around / back out of a narrow trail.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the caliper bolts they are W714743-S439

It's a package of four. For the a-arm pins I use rpg's setup so I got them from Corey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Used to carry 2 spares and a plug kit.

Still carry. Iwe. Lca bolts. Ps pump. Tie rod. Caliper bolts. Uca pins. Tie rod pins. U joints. Fluids. Lower shock bolt. Etx.

And I don't even have a raptor.

hungerforraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 spares myself (one under too) and a powertank tire kit.
yvy4y9u7.jpg

Where did you get this bed rack? This is exactly like what I've been looking for.