How many to buy, 4 or 5?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to get the method NV wheels and BFG KO2. BIG question! get 5? or 4, keep stock spare? :baby:

Sizes should be like this, right?
17x8.5 -- 0 offset
35x12.5x17

Deletedone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a spare tire when I bought my new Nitto's, kinda wish I wouldn't have. Waste of money.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
NVS require a different lug nut so if you run the stock spare you need to also keep stock lug nuts in the truck.

You will probably also want to move the stock spare to the rear axle if you get a flat. I wouldn't run different offsets on the front 2 wheels. For the sake of $150-200 I would get a matching spare.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
NVS require a different lug nut so if you run the stock spare you need to also keep stock lug nuts in the truck.

You will probably also want to move the stock spare to the rear axle if you get a flat. I wouldn't run different offsets on the front 2 wheels. For the sake of $150-200 I would get a matching spare.

I just installed 4 35X12.50-17's KO2's and I have two almost new (about 3000 miles) 315 KO's that want to keep as spares. Will I run in to any issues with the slight difference in tire size?

I could always sell the almost new tires and get two 35's but why bother if I'm only using the 315's as spares and it won't cause any issues...

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I didn't think about that until about month 3 with my new wheels. Luckily I didn't need the spare.

If you go with 5, you can rotate in the spare every 3k to 5k miles which will get you about 20% longer life out of the tires.

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

right... another issue to consider into. Does method come with lug nut?

Also have to find a source for TPMS sensors I guess.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed 4 35X12.50-17's KO2's and I have two almost new (about 3000 miles) 315 KO's that want to keep as spares. Will I run in to any issues with the slight difference in tire size?

I could always sell the almost new tires and get two 35's but why bother if I'm only using the 315's as spares and it won't cause any issues...

I don't think it will cause any immediate issues, but I wouldn't go more than a few hundred miles that way. If you have to drive a long distance and are carrying both spares, you could put both on the same axle and be just fine.

Edit: It looks like the 35x12.50-17 KO2's are only 34.5" in diameter which is equivalent to the 315 KO's.

Last edited:

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 matching wheels, 5 matching tires, 5 TPMS units. Use spare in tire rotations. Keeps lugnut issues and tire size differences out of the equation. It'll cost a little more, but less headaches in a "flat tire, on the side of the road, in rain, and ice, along a dark highway, without shoulders, deep ditches, in a shady part of town" scenario.