How to make 37"Toyo+MethodNV fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but this will be my last question!

I think I'm sold on the method NV's (17) with Toyo RT 37s.

Question is, how do I make them fit? I've searched around and it seems like some people claim they fit under stock conditions and others say you need to do some extensive work.

Will I need new fender flairs? I don't mind if I do - I want to get some black fender flairs anyway. If I do need new flairs, what are my options?

EDIT: I'm already at Mid-Perch

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but this will be my last question!

I think I'm sold on the method NV's (17) with Toyo RT 37s.

Question is, how do I make them fit?

@Raptor_man - there really isn't an absolute answer to your 37" question. If you are going to go with a Method wheels (zero offset) and a 37" RT and never do much off road, then you can probably get away with just hammering the pinch welds, trim a little off the liners and maybe some off the inside of your flares. If you intend do some serious off roading and really get that front end compressed, then your going to either need to trim a lot from the flares and screw your liners into the firewall to get them as far back as possible or go with aftermarket front fenders/liners.

There are a lot of guys out there running 37's and stock fenders with Method wheels that run off road. But they have aftermarket shocks like 3.0's and other modifications.

If I was going to run 37's with stock fenders, I would go with 3.0's and stock offset wheels. That is your best bet if you don't want to rub. You will still need to hammer the pinch welds and do some liner trimming.

Even saying all of this, there will be some guys that chime in and say they are running Methods, and 37" this tire and that, and they have no issues. I don't know how they do it, but they do. I had 35" Toyo MT's on my truck at mid perch and Methods and rubbed turning corners on the street!

The other thing that you might consider, and just throwing this out there, is get the Methods, run an aggressive looking 35" tire, and do some trimming and pinch welds. See how you like it. 37" tires look cool, but if you don't intend on doing much off road driving, they really are kind of a waste of money.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, and keep us posted!!!

OP
OP
Raptor_man

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Raptor_man - there really isn't an absolute answer to your 37" question. If you are going to go with a Method wheels (zero offset) and a 37" RT and never do much off road, then you can probably get away with just hammering the pinch welds, trim a little off the liners and maybe some off the inside of your flares. If you intend do some serious off roading and really get that front end compressed, then your going to either need to trim a lot from the flares and screw your liners into the firewall to get them as far back as possible or go with aftermarket front fenders/liners.

There are a lot of guys out there running 37's and stock fenders with Method wheels that run off road. But they have aftermarket shocks like 3.0's and other modifications.

If I was going to run 37's with stock fenders, I would go with 3.0's and stock offset wheels. That is your best bet if you don't want to rub. You will still need to hammer the pinch welds and do some liner trimming.

Even saying all of this, there will be some guys that chime in and say they are running Methods, and 37" this tire and that, and they have no issues. I don't know how they do it, but they do. I had 35" Toyo MT's on my truck at mid perch and Methods and rubbed turning corners on the street!

The other thing that you might consider, and just throwing this out there, is get the Methods, run an aggressive looking 35" tire, and do some trimming and pinch welds. See how you like it. 37" tires look cool, but if you don't intend on doing much off road driving, they really are kind of a waste of money.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, and keep us posted!!!

Great info here!

I don't do much off-roading. I just want 37s for a bigger meaner look. 35s just don't seem to do it.

This might be a dumb question, but wouldn't 36 tires be a good middle ground?

Anyway, is there a good how to thread for hammering the pinch welds?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great info here!

I don't do much off-roading. I just want 37s for a bigger meaner look. 35s just don't seem to do it.

This might be a dumb question, but wouldn't 36 tires be a good middle ground?

Anyway, is there a good how to thread for hammering the pinch welds?

Toyo makes a 315/70R18. It's a 36" tire. Looks good IMO. There are some threads with people running them on here.

I believe another thing that helps with tire clearance is adjustable UCA's so you can dial in more caster and get the tire further away from the pinch welds

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/gimme-fuel-give-me-fi-yaaa-29556/

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/new-wheels-tires-finally-truck-fuel-trophys-toyo-mts-36787/

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Raptor_man I say do the 37's! They really do change the look of the truck. If you stick with the 12.50 width in the RT's, you should be good with stock fenders and hammering the pinch welds. I did that with BFG KO2's and Methods and do mild to sometimes moderate off-road and have no issues. Definitely, if you are going to jump the truck, do fenders. The way I see it though, I might as well try it this way before I do the fenders. I have been very happy with this setup. When I have the money for an LT suspension, I'll be getting Boatec fenders and going all out. But for a mild setup with mild off-roading, I recommend doing the 37's with Methods, hammering the pinch welds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 184