Here's what the 2014 Special Edition Wheels Look Like

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...

Just a few days ago I installed a set of the 2014 Special Edition wheels on my truck. The only difference is the ring is more of a charcoal vs the silver for 2013 and the SVT is painted red. You wouldn't think they would make that much of a difference but it was quite the change.

After I installed the wheels... something was missing. I removed the SVT fender vents, bought some high end 3M matching red vinyl and did the SVT vents.

Turned out pretty nice IMO. I think the red vents look pretty mean.

I attached a 2013 pic too so you can see the difference side by side/same truck.

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 20130722_171756.jpg
    20130722_171756.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 199
  • user5356_pic4194_1349398916.jpg
    user5356_pic4194_1349398916.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 222
  • 20130710_182426.jpg
    20130710_182426.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They haven't.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Hosseface, have you heard from Fords legal department yet? Does your buddy still have a job? You know we're all jealous right.

KBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the 2014 order guide this am. The pictures of the wheels are in there. They look pretty good to me.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They haven't.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Hosseface, have you heard from Fords legal department yet? Does your buddy still have a job? You know we're all jealous right.

My friend actually works for the wheel company - not Ford.

The company is called Dicastal and produces a lot of OE wheels.

At least I have at least ONE friend that can get me cool stuff. lol

Now, if we could only have connections at the Ford plant... kind of like the old days where you heard of the plant workers building trucks, once piece at a time out the door! lol

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

One more thing to add too:

It would be quite the easy mod to remove the silver ring from the OEM 2013 beadlocks and paint it your color of choice.

I am surprised to see that someone hasn't plasti dipped the OEM beadlocks yet. I think a blacked out look would be pretty nice. Not for sure that like a red ring wouldn't look nice on a red truck, etc.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My friend actually works for the wheel company - not Ford.

The company is called Dicastal and produces a lot of OE wheels.

At least I have at least ONE friend that can get me cool stuff. lol

Now, if we could only have connections at the Ford plant... kind of like the old days where you heard of the plant workers building trucks, once piece at a time out the door! lol

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

One more thing to add too:

It would be quite the easy mod to remove the silver ring from the OEM 2013 beadlocks and paint it your color of choice.

I am surprised to see that someone hasn't plasti dipped the OEM beadlocks yet. I think a blacked out look would be pretty nice. Not for sure that like a red ring wouldn't look nice on a red truck, etc.

I know, but the company is making them for Ford. I'm not sure how they would feel about people getting their hands on them before the truck is released.

I'm sure that you could sell them faster than your friend can roll them out the back door. Lol.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...

Just a few days ago I installed a set of the 2014 Special Edition wheels on my truck. The only difference is the ring is more of a charcoal vs the silver for 2013 and the SVT is painted red. You wouldn't think they would make that much of a difference but it was quite the change.

After I installed the wheels... something was missing. I removed the SVT fender vents, bought some high end 3M matching red vinyl and did the SVT vents.

Turned out pretty nice IMO. I think the red vents look pretty mean.

I attached a 2013 pic too so you can see the difference side by side/same truck.

they are sweet, you lucky bastage!

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
order guide

I was looking at the 2014 order guide this am. The pictures of the wheels are in there. They look pretty good to me.
Is it possible to see the order guide? Did the price go up? rh