Has anybody run 38", 39" or 40" tires on the Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
What mods are required for 39"s?
Why do you want them? Most of what needs to be done has been covered in this thread.

Here is a recap, just in case you missed it:
My guess, Front and Rear Glass and a long travel kit that push's the front end forward an inch or 2 to clear the firewall.

Seeing how much contact my 37's make on different parts of the truck, I am going to have to wager that a MAJOR overhaul would be needed to make this work.

The rubbing is happening mainly around the firewall and rubs at full turn. Even at low speeds when you're turning in questionable terrain, you can hear them rubbing pretty good. The pieces of the firewall that are making contact seem like they can be trimmed down to be more flush with the rest of the firewall. Kinda tough to describe without pics.

Good point on the sub core support... something to look into.

Yeah, sawzall first then a Dremel for the fine tuning stuff. I can't stand how the 'fins' inside the wheel well collect dirt/mud - cutting them off would make cleaning so much easier (and I'd probably lose about 40 lbs of mud).
I just need to look at them closer to see how "structural" the liners are, and what can be safely removed.

Cutting out the firewall would not be fun. I almost had to cut out my entire firewall of the Sport Trac, luckily we were able to make some changes to my truck to where I saved myself a ton of welding.

With pushing the front suspension forward you're able to do the exact same thing.

Clearance issues aside, you would need to look at stronger hubs and rearend.
2" taller might not seem like much, but the loads created by the extra mass can be exponentially greater.

Front: Shift the front suspension forward with custom glass to center the tires in the wheel well and modify the firewall/cab beyond the standard "pinch-weld mod."

Rear: Custom glass and basically remove the OEM inner wheel wells.

Total: $$$

Firewall clearencing is the ticket.

Or run a lift kit:
Easy peasy, no body work needed. Just use the Projects instead of the TTC's.

1303tr_06%2B31st_annual_4wheel_jamboree_nationals%2Blifted_ford_raptor.jpg

Last edited:

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
because alpha male

Something impractical that ruins performance wont make you alpha male. It's more like alpha... starts with "D" ends with an "ouche". Can anyone help me here? I can't think of the word...

All jokes aside, listen to SVC if you want to put on 38 plus inch tires. The Smurfrunner is a perfect example of what it takes.

OP
OP
B

BlackReef

Reaction score
Seems like every Raptor I have seen running 39"s has had the front driveshafts removed. I guess Ill just stick with 37"s...

TDWcPFL.jpg

kevin1333

Reaction score
39s toyos?

I haven't been able to find any threads about 39inch tires i really don't know how to search things tho lol. I'm looking to put 39 toyo race spec on my raptor its a 2011 SCAB SC it has 37s fenders, top perch, right now i believe the gears are stock. What would i have to do to the truck? does any one run them?

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people talk about 37's I would search for those threads to get a general idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk