Has anybody run 38", 39" or 40" tires on the Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Same topic, same person, same answer, threads merged (again).

Seeing how much contact my 37's make on different parts of the truck, I am going to have to wager that a MAJOR overhaul would be needed to make this work.

Where you rubbing at? Any pics

Do you think the sub core support would need to be cut out to be cleared at bump?

I'll get some pics up tomorrow or Friday. Truck is in the shop getting fender liners fabbed and boxed UCA's mounted up.

The rubbing is happening mainly around the firewall and rubs at full turn. Even at low speeds when you're turning in questionable terrain, you can hear them rubbing pretty good. The pieces of the firewall that are making contact seem like they can be trimmed down to be more flush with the rest of the firewall. Kinda tough to describe without pics.

Good point on the sub core support... something to look into.

Cutting out the firewall would not be fun. I almost had to cut out my entire firewall of the Sport Trac, luckily we were able to make some changes to my truck to where I saved myself a ton of welding.

With pushing the front suspension forward you're able to do the exact same thing.

Got any pics of your old Ranger's that you could post for us?

Front: Shift the front suspension forward with custom glass to center the tires in the wheel well and modify the firewall/cab beyond the standard "pinch-weld mod."

Rear: Custom glass and basically remove the OEM inner wheel wells.

Total: $$$

Firewall clearencing is the ticket.

Most of the long travel kits will allow you to run 39's. It requires major trimming/fab to the firewall to allow them to clear.

Also, the factory rack will not last long with 39's and 4wd. I would not be surprised if the Black Raptor mentioned earlier doesn't make it through a run without blowing the rack.

Gordon's truck has gone through 2 racks already and running the same kit. It's only running 37's.

It's not worth it unless you plan on spending major money on a custom steering setup or are willing to swap out racks ever run or two.

SVC can elaborate on the details but the geometry is better on a 2wd and allows you to run 39's and still use the factory rack.

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The built Raptors that I see that are running the 39" BFG T/As are all 2WD. Are there any shops that will build the truck, move the hub forward, get all that 18" of travel, etc and still keep the 4WD capability? I got the 39"s, I just dont want to give up 4WD.

This truck is the shit:

imvAEdX.jpg

If you're looking to do a full build 4wd long travel set up I say you should hit up @svc they are doing a long travel kit and you will keep the 4wd

Sent from iPhone 6S+

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Has anybody run 38", 39" or 40" tires on the Raptor?

There are a lot of considerations that need to be thought about when running 39's . Throwing them on and smashing through Barstow main, may result in minor rubbing. [emoji6] nothing that a saws all, cutoff wheel and a welder can't fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk