Got my wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Picked up my meathods today. $700 with shipping. the biggest problem is finding a place that can change them. I need my TPMS moved to the new rims, and they need a TPMS service thing IDK, some piece that out of probably 30 places, 1 has. So have to wait until monday morning to get them mounted :(

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Its not reseting them, its getting the valve them thing or some crap IDK. But ya pics will be up soon

Yeah any tire shop should be equipped to work on TPMS they just screw through the wheels. But ok?

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Ya, they know what to do, but most don't have the piece that the truck needs. I didn't think that this piece would be vehicle specific, but what ever. I found a place that for sure has them with a 9am appointment monday, I will call a local shop first, otherwise I have a time set. Then pictures will be posted :D

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
They are likely claiming you need a rebuild/reseal kit for the TPMS. Total crap. They will charge you $30 for an O-ring you don't need to replace. I have swapped dozens to TPMS sets and not once had to replace the seals.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
They are likely claiming you need a rebuild/reseal kit for the TPMS. Total crap. They will charge you $30 for an O-ring you don't need to replace. I have swapped dozens to TPMS sets and not once had to replace the seals.

bingo. just swap the sensors right over, done deal.

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all it takes is a torx bit, nothing special, same as every other vehicle with tpms, they should not be charging you any extra to swap them over!

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Ok I found that you actually do need the service pack. The TPMS on these trucks is a GM sensor, so the truck is actually knows which tire is which. So if the left rear gets low, it will actually read left rear tire low. So one the stock wheels, the valve stem is still there and has weird stuff on it. But, I wasn't charged for them. Then I found out that, the stock lug nuts don't fit the methods, they are WAY to big. So, there was $40 added to the list for new ones. But, $90 later, the truck looks great! I love the look of the wider stance.
IMG_2645.jpg
IMG_2641.jpg
IMG_2635.jpg
IMG_2627.jpg