Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac vs BFG KO2

This is a discussion on Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac vs BFG KO2 within the Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
I own both, one set of duratracks siped for winter, BFG for the summer. I prefer the BFG personally, they ...

User Tag List

Like Tree33Likes

Sponsored By: Texas Motorworx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2017, 02:05 AM   #31 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I own both, one set of duratracks siped for winter, BFG for the summer. I prefer the BFG personally, they seem a little more rubust and less sway on the pavement than the wrangler. Duratracks were definitely better in the winter than the BFG, even more so siped. Off road, it's pretty much a wash for me, edge to the BFG. on my local terrain anyway.

bucktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:34 AM   #32 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Although I just got my Raptor last week I do have first hand experience with both tires on my Super Duty I traded in. It was a 2013 F-250 Platinum and within the first week I had it I put on a leveling kit and mounted 325/60-20 Load range E DuraTracs. I rotated the tires every oil change which was between 7-7.5k. As for road noise they had a sleight hum but nothing like straight up M/T's. As for handling in the mud, snow, ice and rain they were amazing. I replaced them at 68k and they still had enough tread to go another 5-10k but had some up coming road trips so thought it was best to be safe than sorry. I replaced them with the same sized KO2's due to all the hype I head about them. IMO on a Super Duty that was a big time mistake. Wet handling sucked, tires would break loose accelerating in the rain with the cruise control. Only advantage they had on the Duratracs was that there was less road noise. The rims they were mounted on were 9" wide. With the Duratracs I could run that at 60 psi and have the whole width of the footprint touching the pavement. With the KO2's I had to drop the rears to 50 psi for the same. A big complaint with the larger sized Duratracs is how much lead it takes to balance them and how little was needed for the KO2's. My Duratracs took between 5-6oz per wheel, the Ko2's took 6-7 so myth busted on that issue. Off road the Durtracs dug in and gripped and where I would go in 2wd I had to shift into 4wd with the KO2's. Never got to see how the KO2's compared in the snow and ice though but my guess is the Duratracs would have beat them in those conditions as well. Only negative I saw with the Duratracs was price. Damn things are expensive in the size I had.
Mike175, Truckzor and Guy like this.
tmd11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #33 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My Raptor came with the BFG's and just went to Duratrac's. The Duratracs seem to ride a bit stiffer, but have much better traction in snow/ice - at least in my opinion.
K9 HAULR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:42 AM   #34 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Iíve got 20k miles on my ko2. No Offroad yet and rotated every 5k.

I noticed this weekend their are lots of chunks of logs missing as well as the tire is starting to split and crack. Same crap as the koís.

Another 5k tops and Iíll have to switch to the duratrac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icom F5021,RPG Stg 4+ Fox 3.0 coilovers, RPG Tie-rods (modified to camburg hardware), RPG PS reservoir, Camburg 1.25" UCA's , Raptor -Retro fit '13 HIDS, Line-x preminum, Bluewater LED bed lights, Ipad mini navigation. Bubba rope. Rollx, Recon 10.5k winch synth rope, factor 55, SVC Custom acuated tower. Visions 30" xmitter extreme, 35" toyo MT, visionx 6550 spot.
Huck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #35 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I'm getting some really funky wear on the front tires of my truck. Typical bfg ko bullshit. Had alignment checked and everything is good. But still getting really uneven wear on both front tires and some chunking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do not rotate the duratracs every 5k they will do the same thing. I have had several sets on other trucks and the fronts cup out pretty easily with the larger lugs. Rotating them to the back squares them back up. If anything the duratracs require more attention than the BFGs. They work though, no doubt about it, the duratrac is a great tire. I haven't had them on my Raptor, it is on new KO2s. No complaints, 10k miles in on new KO2s over the winter.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I've driven my truck in a lot of snow this winter and have no complaints what-so-ever with the KO2's performance on snow. I was driving through a storm with 3-4" of snow on the highway and was running 75MPH the entire way. The truck felt like it was planted solidly in the lane and on tracks.

Deeper snow is no trouble either.

https://youtu.be/Co49uh1wVss
hkguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #37 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Originally Posted by hkguns View Post
I've driven my truck in a lot of snow this winter and have no complaints what-so-ever with the KO2's performance on snow. I was driving through a storm with 3-4" of snow on the highway and was running 75MPH the entire way. The truck felt like it was planted solidly in the lane and on tracks.

You need some lights!

Old 03-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #38 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Originally Posted by hkguns View Post

I haven't had any trouble in the snow either, up to a foot of Colorados finest on a forest service road didn't phase the KO2s.
Attached Thumbnails
img_1068.jpg  
hkguns likes this.