Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac vs BFG KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No dry rot. Definitely not a BFG!

Never had an issue with dry rot. Had the original ko's for 45k miles. Had ko2's for just a little while until I went back to the ko in 37". Had those for 40k miles + with no issues. Used them all hard. I think the dry rot was in certain lots from BFG......

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only tire I will run in the snow will be Duratracs! I run two sets of tire, and I'm on a third winter with a set of GY Duratracs. They go good, and they are considerable quiet on the highway.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been running Duratracs on my Bronco for the last 5 years. They are about 1/2 tread now with 25k miles on them. I like them better in snow and mud than the KO2s. The KO2s are pretty good in snow too. One thing I don't like about the KO2s is they pick up and fling smaller pebbles that larger tread blocks won't pick up. One thing I do like about the load range C KO2s is they are cheap @ tire rack. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...dewall=Blackwall&partnum=17SR7KO2V2&tab=Specs

Attachments

• Picture340Medium.jpg
    Picture340Medium.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 186

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That Bronco is pretty cool

Thanks... one thing that helped my Duratracs hold up for so long is because I had a set of 35" Boggers that I used to swap on and off with every so often.

Attachments

• SAM_0167_zpsd0a4276c.jpg
    SAM_0167_zpsd0a4276c.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 177

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I rocked KO2's on my former truck for 25k+ miles.

Positives:
Tire life.
Quiet
Good in rain
Relatively light in weight
Price

Cons:
Maybe it was just a bad batch*
Balancing was a PITA
One of the tires developed a lump over time.
So-so in soft sand.

There is no perfect tire but overall I liked the KO2s.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my Duratracs! They are simply the best all around tire.

methodD2.jpg

methodD3.jpg

NV_m1.jpg

NV_m3.jpg

mywrap3.jpg

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
when faced with the same decision recently, i chose to go with the k02s. id had the duras on a ranger and was pleased with them, which made my decision that much more difficult. what sealed the deal for me was the fact that one of my neighbors, a silverado owner none the less, who i despise, was running them, and i just couldnt see copycatting that. that being said, ive been very pleased with my choice. balanced perfect and handle great. get the ko2s

r1_hauler

Reaction score
If you run in snow and ice and want an aggressive looking tire duratracs are really the only way to go IMO. Are they louder than the KOs? yes. Are they unbearable? No, can easily drown them out with the factory radio.