General Grabber Wear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
For those with the General Grabber red letters, how are they wearing? Are they lasting long? any chunking? would you recommend them for a truck with mostly asphalt miles? I really like the way these look
general_grabberRedLetter.jpg

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump.

Down on the Texas Coast for spring break and there is a Dodge running them. They look **** with the sand sticking to them.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So far so good on the wear. No chunking yet on mine, although I expect that to change over time.

You'll definitely know you're rolling on them though. From 0 to about 10mph you'll feel every knob. After that things smooth out just fine. And they sing at anything over 50mph.

I'm glad to have 'em though :)

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll definitely know you're rolling on them though. From 0 to about 10mph you'll feel every knob. After that things smooth out just fine. And they sing at anything over 50mph.

So let's see:

"From 0 to about 10mph you'll feel every knob" but "that things smooth out just fine" and "they sing at anything over 50mph".

Add to that the extra weight and questionable performance compared to the BFGs and the benefits are...?

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So let's see:

"From 0 to about 10mph you'll feel every knob" but "that things smooth out just fine" and "they sing at anything over 50mph".

Add to that the extra weight and questionable performance compared to the BFGs and the benefits are...?

Looks haha

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So let's see:

I never said their performance was questionable. Quite the opposite in fact. ;) They have out performed the BFGs in every way for me.

Besides, some of us like the knobby feel and singing. Makes us feel like we're driving trucks instead of towncars. Sort of like when ya climb into a muscle car, head for the open road, turn off the radio, roll the windows down and just listen to the roar of her engine... its an experience.

As for the weight? All I can say is if I've had trouble keeping up with the fast guys out there its not because of the tires; its because of that damn loose screw behind the wheel.

You need to get out more and read less Dan :)

Last edited:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My take is they are amazing on the dirt but sloppy on the street. It's gotta be the consumer to decide if the trade off is worth it.

Mine are wearing and chunking out pretty fast but I do have the 37's.

I won't be buying another set when it's time to replace. For what it's worth...

The 35's could be a different story though but I'm experiencing the same on road manners as Big J described and can only imagine the 37's intensify that feeling even more than a 35.

Last edited:

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. I'm going to roll Duratracs. They are way better than the stock BFGs and still good on the highway.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
My take is they are amazing on the dirt but sloppy on the street. It's gotta be the consumer to decide if the trade off is worth it.

Mine are wearing and chunking out pretty fast but I do have the 37's.

I won't be buying another set when it's time to replace. For what it's worth...

The 35's could be a different story though but I'm experiencing the same on road manners as Big J described and can only imagine the 37's intensify that feeling even more than a 35.

My review would be close to this. Awesome on the dirt, a little heavy on the street. I have had zero chunking, and pretty even wear. Although I keep mine on a separate set of rims, and save them for off road events. I think I have mine sold though since I got BFG Bajas.

WHTRAPT I have one brand new one that I will sell you for $280, leaving you only 3 to buy.