Fuel Formula

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
God damnit. I didnt want to get wheels. Subbing for pics with the caps. These are the best looking wheels to date on a Raptor IMO. Thanks for the pics @jlatigo.

I agree, when i started this build i wanted something unique and when i asked a few trusted folks what they thought of this new set they all gave it a thumbs down based on the pics available.... good thing i thought otherwise! lol

They are a little easier to keep clean and don't hold dirt and water like other wheels with the bead lock look. They weigh less than the other wheels we normally go with. They look awesome and really set the look of the truck off. With a little customization i think they can look even better.... stay tuned! lol

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question on this Fuel Formula wheel... how can a 9" wide wheel have 4.5" BS (center line of wheel), and have -12offset (12mm from CL of wheel)? Doesn't make sense. It's either 4.5" BS, thus 0mm offset, or -12mm offset, 4.02" BS (pushed out further).

If they truly are 4.5" BS (0mm offset), then they'll locate the tire the same as a Method 8.5" wheel with 0mm offset. The rim will protrude out .25" and protrude in .25" more than a method, but that'll have an insignificant effect on the tire, other than it being a wider rim.

Perhaps my total misunderstanding of offset vs. backspacing? Further reading to tend to.

Last edited:

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question on this Fuel Formula wheel... how can a 9" wide wheel have 4.5" BS (center line of wheel), and have -12offset (12mm from CL of wheel)? Doesn't make sense. It's either 4.5" BS, thus 0mm offset, or -12mm offset, 4.02" BS (pushed out further).

If they truly are 4.5" BS (0mm offset), then they'll locate the tire the same as a Method 8.5" wheel with 0mm offset. The rim will protrude out .25" and protrude in .25" more than a method, but that'll have an insignificant effect on the tire, other than it being a wider rim.

Perhaps my total misunderstanding of offset vs. backspacing? Further reading to tend to.

Wheels are measured bead to bead not lip to lip. There is 12mm (or a 1/2") of lip that is not measured on the inside and the outside. So a 9" wheel really measures 10" across. That's why the 17x9 -12 ends up being a 4.5" backspace.