FRP Real beadlock rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you that run the real beadlock rings on the OEM beadlock capable wheels, do you run them year round, and if so have you had any problems with the bolts loosening when torqued properly? Did you use blue loctite?

Thank you

Chris Crampton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I run them all the time. I use good antiseize like Copaslip or BelRay. Tq. to spec and have had no problems. I prefer not to use loctite on beadlock bolts. I did thread chase the beadlock holes and I'm running nicer beadlock bolts. No leaks or loss of bolt tq.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you take the beauty rings off, and install the FRP beadlock, is it a simple swap, ring for ring? you don't need to air the tire down and mess with the bead or anything do you?

Chris Crampton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you take the beauty rings off, and install the FRP beadlock, is it a simple swap, ring for ring? you don't need to air the tire down and mess with the bead or anything do you?

Yes you have to air the tire down and remove beauty ring. Then you have to pop the bead over onto the locking side of the wheel. You'll see a grove in the wheel were the beauty ring sat down into. That's were the tire bead needs to sit. I have a tire machine so moving the bead was easy for me.

The reason a chased all the holes was because there was thread lock residue from the beauty bolts and a bit of sand from having the wheels powder coated(I didn't care for the black).

It's a pretty simple install, just takes some time to do them. I think there is a YouTube video or write up that I have seen somewhere on how to do it. The FRP rings come with instructions. I didn't use them, it's the same as mounting up a race beadlock and we have done 1000's of them.

Here a tip that we use, put WD-40 on the bead before installing to beadlock. It helps the tire move around as your tightening it all down.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so an idea of mine, if I bought the true beadlock rings, swapped out the stock beauty rings for them, could I mount them on the wheel and NOT move the bead? Meaning mount like a beauty ring? would there be a big gap between the edge of the ring and the tire since its on the actual rim bead and not seated so far out?

D

Deleted member 12951

From what I heard there is a huge gap and one guy here tried it and did not like how it looked.

Chris Crampton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so an idea of mine, if I bought the true beadlock rings, swapped out the stock beauty rings for them, could I mount them on the wheel and NOT move the bead? Meaning mount like a beauty ring? would there be a big gap between the edge of the ring and the tire since its on the actual rim bead and not seated so far out?

That would be like opening a beer, let it get flat and warm, then say, eh, it's not that bad. If your going to spend the $$$ on the beadlock rings, do it right and mount the tire up like it should.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
copy, I understand, i really like the looks, and in the winter don't need to air down, so I was just going to mount hem up like beauty rings until summer. That's all.

Last edited: