Fitting 37” tires? (Specific case)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to put 37” tire on my truck. I have read few threads about the topic, but I could not find a definite answer to my case.

My understanding is that I can successfully run 37” tires without rubbing by having:
1. Mid-perch
2. Front fiberglass fenders, e.g., Boatec
3. Front fender liners, e.g., Boatec
Is that it? (Yes or no.) Please put in very simple terms.

My understanding is that I do not have to do anything to the rear fenders and their liners. I am not willing to trim the fenders or to hammer the wheel wells.

I apologize if I started a thread that has been started before. Thanks!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand this aversion to hammering the pinch, it's covered, and just about necessary if you're going to be rough on your truck with 37's. that said, fenders and mid perch is fine to fit 37s. I didn't even need fenders cause I went with raptor offset wheels and my icons sit high. Still waiting to blow my stock fenders off some day.

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like RLTW says, the wheel offsets have as much input as anything when it comes to 37s rubbing. If you're staying with stock wheels, then you can get away with mid-perch. That's where I'm at. No rubbing yet. But I also don't jump my truck like a lot of guys like to do. If you go with less offset wheels like the ever popular methods, then you have to get into more mods like fenders and/or pinch welds.

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The actual tire brand is going to make a huge difference. A toyo 37 m/t is massive compared to a BFG 37 A/T. There's 100's of threads about this

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I have read it here some where over the forum.

I think you're confused, I'm saying I don't understand why you care if you hammer the pinch weld down. It's simple, out of the way, unnoticeable, and benefits your offroad capabilities.

OP
OP
Fellow

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fenders and mid perch is fine to fit 37s.

Are "front" fiberglass fenders and "front" fender liners ONLY required?

Should I do anything to the "rear" fenders and "rear" fender liners?

I have to admit I am new to all this and sometimes I do not get it.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I think you're confused, I'm saying I don't understand why you care if you hammer the pinch weld down. It's simple, out of the way, unnoticeable, and benefits your offroad capabilities.

Thanks for the clarification, RLTW!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are "front" fiberglass fenders and "front" fender liners ONLY required?

Should I do anything to the "rear" fenders and "rear" fender liners?

With the right wheels and tires that is all you need, although you should still hammer the pinch. Not all 37s are the same size and the offset of the wheel itself has alot to do with it. Nothing needs to be done in the rear although you could take care of that pinch as well.

OP
OP
Fellow

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the right wheels and tires that is all you need, although you should still hammer the pinch.

I will stick with the stock rims and will have BFG 37, do you think I still need to hammer the pinch?

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'd likely be fine due to the offset and the BFG 37s run small. But you'd always be better off hammering the pinch weld, like I said, I don't get your aversion to it, it's hidden by the fender liner and its an extra measure of protection.